Fifteen

"WAKE UP!!!" I feel a body jump on me.

"Ugh Mitch not now!" I said taking my pillow and hitting him causing him to fall to the ground.

"But Mads I want to explore Edmonton plus we could just go straight to the game after" Mitch says getting up from the ground and sitting on my bed.

"But I want to sleep it's only 8:00 in the morning" I said checking the alarm clock.

"Maddy let's go!!" Mitch tries to yank me out of bed.

"Mitch I want food first" I said "and then i'll consider going with you".

"Deal" he said grabbing the phone and calling for room service.

"Do you want an omelette or pancakes?" Mitch asked me.

"Both" I said as I checked my phone.

I see that I got text messages from Ally and Connor which I replied to. Ally wanted to know what I was getting her for her birthday but I refused to tell her and Connor wanted to know what he should get Ally.

I'm honestly so excited to surprise Connor and hopefully they don't loose tonight so he isn't in a bad mood.

I walk over to my luggage and picked out an outfit for today. Once I picked an outfit I walked over to the washroom to change.

I walk out of the washroom to see Mitch with our breakfast.

"Your food" he hands me my food.

"Thanks Mitch" I said as I quickly started to eat.

                                  ~

"I didn't know it was going to rain" I said to Mitch as we both had to share an umbrella.

We are walking through Edmonton and just exploring, I haven't been out of the country in such a long time so it's kinda refreshing to see new things in a different city.

"What time is it?" I asked Mitch who got his phone out.

"5:00" he answered back.

"We should start going there" I told him.

"Okay but I don't want you hogging this whole umbrella" Mitch pulls the umbrella back to him a little bit.

Since the rink was only 10 minutes away, Mitch and I decided to walk but it may be a bad idea considering it was raining hard and we only had one umbrella that could barely fit the both of us underneath.

"Mitch i'm getting wet" I complained as we walk across the streets.

"Sorry" he said as he pulled the umbrella towards me.

"Thanks"

We finally arrived at Roger's Place after a not so dry walk here.

We walked inside and saw lots of people trying to get into their seats.

"Where are our seats?" I asked Mitch.

"We sit near the bench actually" he said.

We noticed a crowd of people coming our way and I was scared that I was going to be stuck in there.

"Hold my hand" Mitch says as I follow what he said as he leads us to our seats.

"Thanks for not letting us die" I thanked him as we sat down.

We were seated right behind the Oilers bench which was not what I wanted. I wanted to surprise Connor after the game not before.

"I know you wanted to surprise him after the game so wear this" Mitch handed me a pair of sunglasses and a Oilers hat.

We both put our disguises on and waited for the game to start.

The teams both come out into the ice for warm ups.

My eyes lit up when I see Connor come out. I know he can't see me but I just couldn't handle it, I wanted to run on the ice and hug him.

I've haven't seen him in almost 3 months.

Connor takes a few laps around the ice before grabbing a puck and throwing it over. Mitch and I walked up and tried our best to get a puck.

Connor looked at us and threw the puck over which Mitch caught. Connor looked at Mitch weirdly because he thought that he looked familiar. Connor shook it off and skated away.

"That was close" Mitch whispered to me as we walked back to our seats.

                                 ~

The Oilers won the game and I couldn't be more happier. Connor is in a great mood right now and will even be in a even more great mood once he sees me.

Mitch and I managed to get pass security and into the locker rooms.

The team was just getting finished with the press.

Mitch and I looked around still in our hats and glasses.

I see Connor sitting at his stall and taking off his skates.

I nudged Mitch and pointed at Connor's direction.

We walk over and pretended that we were fans.

"Hi Connor" I said to him as he looks up at us.

"Hi nice to meet you but i'm not in a mood to take photos right now" he says in a kinda sad voice.

"What happened?" Mitch asked.

"It's kinda personal but I think I could trust you two" Connor hesitates.

"I promise that we won't tell" I reassure him.

"Well I just really miss my girlfriend that's in Pittsburgh right now" he says making me smile.

"Seems like you really care about her" I say as I take a seat next to him.

"Yeah I care about her so much" Connor says as I smile at him. He looks at me and looks like he just recognized something.

"Your smile looks awfully familiar" Connor looks closer.

That's when I leaned into him and kissed him.

I break apart and see the look on Connor's face.

"Maddy?" He says confused as I take off my hat and glasses.

"Hey Connor" I said as Connor pulls me in for a hug.

"Gosh I missed you so much" Connor says in my ear as he hugs me tightly.

"Hey Bitch" Mitch says to Connor.

"Mitch?" Connor looks at Mitch as he takes of his disguise.

"Nice to see you again" Mitch brings Connor in for a bro hug.

"I can't believe you guys are here" Connor puts a arm around me as I just stand there with the biggest smile on my face.

"I just can't believe i'm here with my best friend and boyfriend" I said looking at Connor and Mitch.

How did I become the luckiest woman??