Seventeen

"What are we going to do?" I asked Mitch.

Right now we are both at my place wondering what we are going to do for Ally's birthday which is tomorrow.

The problem is that we came a day earlier and we have no idea what to do now.

"Could we just be honest with her?" Mitch offered.

"Mitch I want her birthday to be special"

"Well remember what she did for your birthday aside from stealing your Beyoncé tickets and running away. She threw you a surprise party" Mitch said which gave me an idea.

"Hey let's do that!! A surprise party"

"Let's do it tonight!" He said.

"Yeah and she would never expect it"

"Let's go downtown and buy her a cake and some party decorations and on the way there we could call some people to invite over" I said grabbing the car keys.

"I'm driving" Mitch steals the keys from my hands and walks out the front door.

"Hey!! It's my car" I followed him.

                                 ~

"Should we get the red velvet cake or the creamy chocolate fudge cake?" I asked for Mitch's opinion.

"Mitch?!" I said but I still get no response. I look up and I see him looking at some kid cakes.

"Mitch we have to figure out what kind of cake to get her" I went up to him.

"Let's get her this cake" Mitch pointed at the Power Rangers cake.

"Mitch she hates Power Rangers" I said him.

"Then get her the Moana one" he said as I looked at him like I was going to choke him.

"Mitch let's go before I kill you" I said grabbing his arm and leading him back to the cakes I was looking at.

After minutes of debating with Mitch over with cake to get we finally decided on one.

"Hey Mitch can we go to that shoe store around the corner, I want to get her one more gift?" I asked him as we walked out of the bakery.

"Sure but make it fast we don't have much time" he said as we started to walk over there.

                                 ~

"Are you done?" Mitch impatiently says.

"Mitch be patient!" I said as I finally found what I was looking for.

"Here look at it" I picked it up and showed him.

"Why are there barbie heads on it?" He asked.

"I don't know but last week she was joking about wanting these" I said.

"Oaky whatever now let's go and pay" he grabs my arm and leads me to the checkout.

"Shit" he says.

"What?" I said as Mitch points to the cashier.

I take a closer look at who is paying.

"It's Ally" I whispered as we just stood there "She can't see us"

"Uh hide" Mitch says as we hide behind a shelf.

"Your total is $65.50" we heard the cashier say.

"Can't believe i'm buying these" We heard Ally say.

"Well why are you buying them then?"

"Last week my friend and I were joking about these Barbie shoes and about how I wanted to get them so I decided before they come back from their trip that I would surprise her with these"

"She's buying the shoes" I whispered to Mitch.

"Well you don't need these anymore" Mitch grabs the shoes from my hands as throws them across. It ends up hitting a old lady in the head.

"Oops" he said as I hit him to be quiet.

"Thank you have a nice day" I hear the cashier say.

We both peek our heads over to see if she was gone.

"Good she's gone now let's go" I said as we headed out the store.

"Excuse me!" We hear a voice coming from behind us.

We turn around and see the old lady holding up the shoe Mitch threw.

"RUN!!" Mitch says as we both ran out of the store.

"Told you not to throw the shoe especially at an old lady" I said to him as we continued to run.