Chapter 11

Amethyst POV

"So your brother doesn't know I'm here?"

"Not sure.."

I still found it a little crazy how I could trust Sarah. She seemed okay, not a talkative and always knows what I'm thinking. And the fact that she was nice enough to give me good clothes to wear and a relaxing hot bath made me hate her less.

Not wanting to ruin anything in her room, I leaned against the wall and watched her look for nothing in particular. She kept throwing clothes and opening every drawer while mumbling something under her breath. Ever since she let me out of the cells, she's been acting really off. I just keep looking at her, she seems really worried.

I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror. I looked awfully pale and lean. The cuts didn't seem to heal on time and made me look even worse.

"Well then" She slaps her thighs with her hands. "I can't seem to find the key to the store room" Most times she spoke to me I never actually gave her a reply, because I didn't want to. She rolled her eyes at me and continued her search for the keys.

"Wonderful!" She cheers. "Quickly. Run down the stairs and take the door to your left. That's the kitchen store room."

"But.."

"My brother is a lazy àss, he doesn't even know how the palace kitchen looks like."

"What about-"

"It's Monday, everyone will be in their dorm until summoned. So help yourself to the food"

Before I could reason with her how dangerous it could be, I was already pushed out of her room and into the hallway. I started off down the hallway in search for the stairs. Now thinking of it, I really couldn't trust Sarah, her behaviour scares me now. Turning back lingers behind my brain but hunger is just at the very front.

I finally see the red rugged staircase and begin to head down. Taking the last step down, I walk to the left and open a wooden door. I quickly get in and shut the door behind me.

I look in awe at the kitchen. It was painted a cream color with black counters and barstools. A high ceiling with billions of light bulbs, shelves with so many spices I've never seen or heard of and more than enough food stuff to eat.

"This could be my whole house" I whisper.

Walking deeper into the kitchen, I open up another wooden door and my mouth began to water. The aroma of an all you can eat buffet hits my nose and I can't simply resist it.

****

When done, I clean up and leave the kitchen. Walking around a bit in search of the stairs. I move around a little more and begin to panic when I couldn't find the stairs.

Cold hands wrap around my upper arm and pull me into what looked like a bedroom. I elbow whoever it is trying to attack and the person loses their balance.

"Stop trying to feel my abs or you're going to get us both killed" He hisses.

He whirls me around and locks the door behind us. I take in the surroundings and notice it is a bedroom. Much nicer and larger than the ones I've been in. With my eyes scanning the room it finally lands on Dominic. The person I can't figure out. I don't make eye contact, remembering what happened the last time I did.

He sits uneasily on his king sized bed and pats the spot next to him. I don't make a move to sit next to him, I just stand close to the door.

"Come here" he sighs. "I'm not in the mood to torment you" he rolls his eyes.