Chapter 1

He strolls over the courtyard, jingling his keys. Holding our very last source of survival, our only hope in his hands. He carries an evil smile in his face, enjoying every bit of fear we showcase.

"Mama mama what are we going to do?!" Isabelle says frantically, clutching the fabric of my dress in her hands. We hide from the very man that is feared by all. He possess the looks of Greek god, tantalizing and tempting but the heart of stone. They say he feeds off the cries and nightmares of the innocent. One look and your bewitched.

"Calm down!" Father whispers, holding Isabelle close. She starts letting out loud sobs making him stop in his tracks. He looks directly at our house and into the window.

My heart skips a beat. Don't look, don't look at him, don't make eye contact! I scream inwardly but I can't seem to bring myself to leave the window.

He wears a hat shielding everyone from his eyes, if he were to punish us, it takes only one look.

"Get out of there!" I was dragged my by arm violently. I squat just below the window and calm my breathing.

Silence?

I had expected the pain to had hit my whole family by now, the door to be broken, shards of glass speed across the living room. But silence? That's when I heard a loud bang. Loud shouting and screams came from outside. No sane human would go out when he's around.

"Begone you satanic vessel!" A familiar voice shouts. Determination and fear oozing out from his words. "I say thee begone! Burn by touch of the holy water and anointing!"

"You people will never learn" He chuckles darkly. Tears spring to the corner of my eyes. Whoever is out there us going to die. I stand to see the commotion only to see a body on the ground, burnt beyond recognition. Until I see the piece of jewelry on his neck. Cowries.

Dave.

I bought him those cowries when my father had started blacksmithing. The tears finally escape, staining my cheeks, leaving the cold breeze to hit my skin.

"Amethyst! Get away from there!" Mother screams.

I ignore her cries obviously. My blood boils with anger, every bit of fear washed away by the anger.

"Listen to your mother! Do you want to die and leave us behind?" Father yells.

The evil being laughs. Harder and harder. Walking over to my beloved friend who is scorched, he kneels, taking his necklace, the necklace I bought for him. He stands and does the unthinkable. He steps on his head, pressing down with full force. Cracking and breaking if bones was all that was been heard. Blood gushed out of his now crushed skull, guts and other organs spread all over the field.

I swallowed hard to stop the gag that surfaced. He's really an evil man.

"Amethyst please get out of the way. Don't let him see you" she begs.

I stand and run to the front door, swinging back, ignoring the pleading from my family. I ran to dead friend, kneeling beside him and crying on his chest.

"Oh.. Looks like we have another brave one." I didn't look at him, I knew better than that. I could sense that evil smirk playing on his lips.

"Look at me!" He yells. I jump, obviously startled by his raised voice.

"You!" I shout. He was taken aback by my boldness as a female.

"You dare challen-"

"You killed him! You're a monster! Murderer!" I shout, the tears falling freely.

"Its not a new thing princess" he says coldly.

"You're just pathetic because we've lived more life than you have in your thousands of years! Spare us the torture and pain, If you wanted us dead, kill! Kill us! Now! We'll all die one day anyways! So do it you coward!"

In the blink of an eye he's standing just in front of me. He grips my shoulders painfully and lifts his head a little. That's when I see the one thing no one else has.

His eyes.

He has the most beautiful eyes, they were grey mixed with purple. They swirled together as he unexpectedly loosens his hold on me. He looks at me like I'm alien, I'm I the first female he's seen? Is he bewitching me? Oh no!

"I'm not the only one" he whispers harshly, his hold tightening harder than the last. I gasp letting the tears fall from my eyes.

"Let go of me!" I scream. For some reason I and Dave never really feared the hunter. We just felt sorry for him.

"Stop screaming and listen princess" he spat the last word with so much venom. "They're more out there worse than me" he shoves me violently to the ground. "And they hunt for fun, I hunt for power and they don't kill females just yet.. Oh no, they have their fun" His eyes darken, making me shrink. He smiles in amusement at my reaction.

"Yo-you don't know what your saying... It's all a lie. They don't exist" I cower in fear.

"If it makes you feel better, Of course they don't" he smirks coldly.

"You're a liar!"

"Most of us are male, females are rare. And in such that we get needy.. Really needy" he smirks.

"I-I don't understand"

"Are you dumb? What don't you understand?" He frowns.

"Here" he tosses the necklace to me. "Till next time princess"

"Prin-princess?"

And just then he's gone.

••••••
Well I had a vision... Lol actually just a wild imagination. I had published a book before this "The Perfect Mate". When I began that story I had no actual plan for it and I ended up deleting it. Wastage of time...? Yes.

This book is going to be different I assure you.

Please vote and comment
Thank you

-Vironicca