Chapter 7

Black.

That's all what it was. I couldn't see and I began to panic. My body ached from the pain and my head spun. The only thing that kept me from screaming for help was the gag against my lips. I could no longer feel the cold hard earth but soft fabrics beneath me. I definitely was confident Carver had saved me but it baffled me to know how he got such luxury. I never saw him with bed sheets when he never had a bed to lay his head.

Although the severe pain had evaded but my body felt numb, paralyzed. My lids were so heavy. The only thing I could do was to calm down so Carver can get me some medicines.

"God dammit I didn't say gag her! You imbecile!" A deep voice shouts from my left. Imbecile? What does that mean exactly?

"I-I'm sorry sire" another man says.

Two hands violently push my head to the side making me cry out in pain. The gag was ripped off and I gasped for air. I needed something to relieve the pain, anything.

"Al-all she needs is to rest now that she is in close proximity with you she won't feel anymore pain. Sire" I couldn't see but I knew this man was afraid of who he addressed as sire. Its been a gift of mine since I was a child, I could smell fear. The voice I longed to hear was Carver's, only Carver.

"Leave my presence" The other voice spoke smoothly.

The other quickly left room. Curiosity was going to get me killed one of these days. I've never heard any of these voices but something pulls the strings of body. I laid there pretending to be asleep. Maybe they're Carver's friends..

"Car-" I stopped myself thinking twice.

I was greeted with silence before the loud bang of a door.

°°°°°°~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~°°°°°°

Hours had past and surprisingly I felt much better. As soon as the door closed I drifted off to sleep. The aftermath of the pain was still evident. I slowly opened my eyes and gaped at the site before me. Talk about expensive!

Everything was so modern, brand new and neat. I slowly sat up be careful not to cause any more pain. From the floor to the walls and ceilings to the furniture, everything was so expensive looking. I'm I dead? Is this heaven? I made it!

Carver's boots that housed my small feet were gone. As I slowly got out of bed, putting one foot before the other I felt the soft antique rug beneath my feet. I never felt anything so good before. I took my time to walk round the room, admiring everything within it. The paintings, the roses in their white vases, the black and gold colour mixtures of the furniture. Running my hand against the wooden drawer I sighed. Maybe Carver took me to a nearby town to get me treated immediately.

"KILL HIM!" The same deep voice boomed from beneath me. Kill? Carver can't be that violent. Can he?

Forgetting I was barefoot I walked to the door and opened it slowly. I walked out of the room entering a well illuminated passage. It was even more beautiful than I imagined.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!" The voice boomed again. There were cheers after cheers from a lot of people. I followed the sound leading me to a staircase. Climbing down, the noise got louder and louder. Who committed such a terrible crime to be killed?

I took a turn and found a large door, turning the large door knob. I opened it slowly and found a displeasing sight. Up to a hundred men in the room pumping their fist in the air and cheering. For someone to be killed. It wasn't right.

No one noticed me and with my small frame I could easily slip past the sweaty and bulky bodies of the men. To say I was intimidated by their physic was an understatement. Everyone I managed to squeeze past looked at me with hungry eyes that I sorely ignored. I got to extreme front of the crowd only to see Craver.