Chapter 5

It was getting really late, Everyone gathered round a small fire talking. I finally got to meet Carver's dad and his younger brother. Well I would admit to myself that Dennis is quite annoying. His dad is very friendly and caring considering I only knew him less than twenty-four hours. Carver and I had our own conversation while the rest were busy listening to Carver's father.

"What'd you mean you didn't finish school" He sounded surprised.

"I couldn't, considering the fact I had to move a lot.. I really wanted to be a doctor though. Help women give birth to their babies, take care of the old, attend to the sick. You know.." I smiled. He just smiled at me knowing I sounded like a little girl.

"Well I don't know. I finished high school but didn't go to college"

"Well what did you want to be then?"

"Pilot." He grins. "I'd go places... With you"

"Me?" I snort

"Yeah you'll just be like my sky doctor" he laughs.

"Sky doctor? Is that even a thing?"

"I can make it one"

We laugh hysterically. It was time to put out the fire and take our spots. I lay on the grass next to Cameron, being the last to fall asleep, gaze at the stars. With my eyes being a little heavy, I drift off into a sound sleep.

***********

Laughter

"You're soo annoying!" I say irritated

"You know you love me that way"

"I never said I did"

"You will soon" He smiled. He scooped me up in his arms and twirls me around.

"Put me down!" I squeal.

"Say it"

"Fine. Fine. I love you"

He drops me and hugs me tightly inhaling the scent of my hair. I hug him back as he rubs circles on my back.

"Can't wait for you to say I do" he whispers. I inhale his scent, He smells like firewood and mint. He lifts my chin up so we're looking at each other in the eye. My eyes widen when I realise who it is..

"Mine" He whispers harshly. His hold on me tightens, I began to scream.

"Let me go!" I scream.

"Wake up!" Cameron yells. My eyes spring open, sweat creased my temples and eyebrows and I'm gasping for air. It was all a dream.

"Amethyst?" Cameron shakes me. I look up at her with fear written all over my face.

"I'm scared" I whisper. She hugs me, whispering soothing words.

"What exactly did you dream about?" She asked after I had calmed down.

How can I get tangled in a stupid fantasy like that. I can't just start sharing everything that happened in my twisted head. She'll think I'm crazy or she'll make us leave this place. Reality is really painful. Sometimes I wish I could just die in my sleep, a very peaceful and comfortable way to die, like those old people. You don't just dream about Demons now do you?

"Earth to Amy" she snapped her fingers in my face, blinking my eyes I looked at her and shook my head.

"Its just a stupid dream" I half smiled. "I can't get married to a pig now, can I?" I lie.

"No you can't" she laughs.

I stand up and look around, noticing everyone else was gone. Maybe they went hunting. I took a bath and wore some of Carver's clothes. I sat down, gazing at nothing in particular.

Those beautiful eyes kept dancing at the back of my head. Maybe I shouldn't have looked into them I scolded myself. I frowned knowing its because of him I had that nightmare. If I had a shotgun, the wonders I can do with it. But I still don't understand why I could look into them and not be dead. Why didn't he kill me? What's so special? Why would he reveal himself to me?

"Stupid world" I mutter, picking up a pebble to throw into the pond.

But I don't know why I don't hate him like I used to. Maybe I'm just crazy.

"Whose hungry?!" Carver shouts holding a dead dear or what looks like it.

"Not bad for an amateur" Cameron jokes.

"Be nice" I nudge her elbow making Carver laugh.

"It's ok"

I start the fire while Cameron skins the animal. Carver's father and younger brother went back into the woods to find some fruit. It takes us all day to skin the animal, after we're done we begin roasting it. The delicious aroma of cooking meat fills me nose.

"Hey" Carver calls from behind a tree. Not sure if I was the one he was calling out for, ignored him. A hand pulls me from behind, which belongs to Carver.

"What?"

"Shhh I wanna show you something"

He holds my hand and leads me into the forest. We stop for a short while and he begins to climb a tree, I follow closely behind. At the top I sit on a branch, confused as to why he brought me here.

"What's it you wanted to show me?"

"Come over here" I scoot over to his side of his branch and follow the direction of his eyesight.

"Its beautiful" The pond we have been making use of had the most amazing glow at night. The stars in the sky reflected the blueness of the pond as fireflies mated above the surface. I stare at the pond in awe.

"I thought you might like it." Carver says from beside me.

"When did you find out?"

"Before we met. I would always be the last to fall asleep. So I would come up here and gaze at the stars, sometimes look down at the pond"

"Its totally beautiful"

We sat there silent, staring at the pond. I made myself comfortable on Carvers shoulder, laying my head there with our back against the tree bark. He didn't seem to mind at all as he didn't move but even held me closer. He smelled like lavender and found it soothing. My eyelids going heavy remembering I didn't really sleep well. I let myself drown in a pool of darkness, the thoughts of the demon long forgotten.

Word count- 1048

See that little star right there.. Just click on it ;). Please vote and comment.

Thank u

Vironicca💙