Chapter 2

What just happened? I'm alive? Here? Right now? I bring my fingers up to my face to feel the skin. I'm real?

"Baby girl?" Father calls me. I slowly bring my eyes to stare at his green ones. He looks at me like I've gone mad, concerned. Who wouldn't? He doesn't say anything after, we store at each other until I ask the one question that has been burning in my head.

"I-I'm alive?!" I ask in disbelief

"Honey..." My mother wraps the blanket around my shivering body. Caressing me gently as she hums my favorite song. My eyes never leave father's.

"What did he say to you?" He asks. They're more... But how? And worse, they could be anywhere.

"Amethyst?" He looks at me sternly.

"We're in trouble!" I sob. "We should have left when we had the chance and now? Now its too late. How can we fi-"

"Shhhh its okay. Everything's fine" Mother hushes me. How am I supposed to explain this? We're all going to perish. I shake uncontrollably as I begin to sob.

"Oh... Baby girl.." He scoots over to me wrapping me in a big bear hug. We stayed like that till my sobs subsided.

"Come here. Let's take you to your room" She says sweetly. I nod and follow behind her.

We reach my bedroom door and mother gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"We'll be right outside if you ever need us" she says softly.

She closes the door behind her and I lay down on the bed, calming myself. Maybe we still have time to runaway.

Coward

I lay sideways on the bed, my back facing door. What to do? I hear muffled sounds of people talking. I got up when the voice stopped, getting up from the bed and reaching for the door knob. Twisting it and dragging it back, it creaks when it slowly opens.

I gently poke my head out to listen to their conversation. I know its wrong but I can't help the curious side of me.

"She knows something Mara" A man says to my mother.

"She's not well. We need to take her to the parish" She says sadly.

"What do you expect us to do during that time, especially now that my son is dead" he says harshly.

"Don't talk to my wife that way!" Father bellows.

"We give twenty four hours to fix this" he says.

"We didn't do anything. It was your son who chose to risk his life!" She screams, she's already at the brink of tears.

"Respect the dead!" He strolls over to my mother with a scowl on his face. My father steps in front if my mother, ready for a fight.

"Don't touch my wife, Isabelle or Amethyst" he says dangerously. "Only cowards hit women"

He laughs hysterically. "And it's only cowards that run from their responsibilities. You my friend are the coward" he sneers.

"Get out!" Father yells.

With one last look he leaves our residence, closing the door with a large bang. My father hugs my now weeping mother closely.

"Mara.." He whispers. He rubs circles with his finger on her shoulder.

"I don't want them to take her" she sobs.

"They won't. Everything is going to be fine" he assures her.

Before I realize it, I'm already crying. I watch my parents for a little while longer, realizing I'm invading their personal matters. I close the door gently until it fully locks.

I slump on my bed. Dave's dad... hates us... Hates me. I hold onto the necklace that's holds all those precious moments.

"She isn't well.." I'm okay.. I think. I'm just surprised that I'm still breathing. That man.., that evil spirit.. Is going to pay.

I lay back down on my bed, trying to relax myself. Staring up the wooden ceiling. I couldn't shake off the death of my one best friend, Dave. That man is cruel. I frown at myself, thinking about it will only make things worse, I reason.

Even though its still early I need to sleep. Sometimes sleep is the only way to escape our problems. I fluff my pillow and wipe the now dried tears away. I hold the necklace tightly in my hands.

"Good night Dave" I whisper into the quiet room. Closing my eyes, I was welcomed into darkness.

So sorry for the short chapter, The word count is 760
After 1000 words wattpad becomes slow.. Yeah hope you've noticed.

Please comment and vote. It'll mean the world to me

Thank u💙

-Vironicca