With those words heard more clear than anything, Minji felt as if cupid's arrow, along with her heart, had been ripped right out of her chest, leaving her empty. Though her feelings were short-lived, it still hurt to hear that he had feelings for someone else; that someone being her own best friend.

"Please, don't tell the others."

"No one else knows?"

"Only Jimin hyung does."

Baffled, shocked, and disappointed. Those were the whirlwind of emotions going on inside of Minji at the moment. She didn't really think about having her feeling returned, but hearing this was a bit much on her. "Since when did you start liking her?"

"Since we were kids," his ears started to turn a bit red.

'So, I never even had the slightest chance.'

"You're not going to tell the others, are you?" he fidgeted with the jewelry.

"No," she shook her head. "Your secret's safe with me...and Jimin sunbae."

Jungkook broke out into a wide grin, "thanks, Minji."

"Do you plan on telling her how you feel? Or..."

"I'm not sure, yet. Maybe one day, but until then...I'm just gonna keep admiring her from afar."

"Ha," she forced a chuckled. "What a cute way to say that you're going to keep stalking her."

"Yah!" Jungkook was giggling, but the joke had already ended for her. There was nothing funny about having your heart broken. Nothing at all.

"Go with the necklace. She likes flowers, remember?"

"Oh, yeah! Thanks, Minji-ah." Jungkook gave her a pat on her head before turning to face the sales associate.

"What the hell..." she reached up to touch the place where his hand just laid. 'Don't go breaking my heart and then touch me like that. Just who do you think you are?'

After his purchase, Jungkook and Minji returned back to the food court where everyone else was already beginning to gather their things to leave.

"Where did you guys go?" you asked.

Jungkook shook his head, as he discreetly hid your gift behind his back. "Nowhere special."

You cocked a brow, trying to take a peek behind his back. "Nowhere special, huh?" Once you saw him tightly gripping the bag and pushing it more out of your view, your suspicion raised. "Is that my birthday gift?"

"No," he denied once again. I just wanted to check something out in a store that I missed."