S I M P L Y P U R G A T O R Y

|| E P I G R A P H ||

" Facing It, Always Facing It, That's The Way To Get Through. Face It. "

- Joseph Conrad

~

You Are Not the Heaviness Sitting Inside Of You. You Are Not The Battlefield Where The Bodies Fall,

And You Are Not The Sound Of Cannons

Breaking The Sky Open.

You Are What Happens After The War.

The Surviving.

The Healing.

The Rebuilding.

|| S U M M A R Y ||

Looks can be deceiving.
Can't they?

Everyone has secrets. Some good. Some bad.

Some people have secrets that they will share with others. Some people have secrets that will haunt them until the day they die, and perhaps even after that too.

Certain stories are better left untold.

Rochelle Quinn believes her story is meaningless. She was put on this planet to provoke pain and fear. Born on the wrong side of town, passed around the foster system like a Christmas present.

Rochelle Quinn's story meant everything, to everyone but her.

She has secrets too. Secrets that she thought she would take to the grave.

Until she met him and his family.

The family that took her in when she had nowhere else left to go.

The family that reunited her with her saviours.

The family with secrets too.

|| T E A S E R ||

" Life's just a fucked up party that we wait for to go wrong."

" It's a game, it's always been a game and it'll always be a game." I concluded, mentally wondering if he saw this shit excuse of an existence the same way as me.

" How do you win it then?" He asks, looking at me curiously.

" Easy. You be a good person, you sort out your education, you get a great job and then you get money." I stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

" Looks like I've already won then." He shrugs.

" You haven't." I say matter-of-factly. " You can't win the game if you don't play."

- BOOK 1 AND 2 COMPLETED AS OF THE 1st OF JUNE 2018 -

- NOT EDITED -

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

This story is under copyright, and failure to abide by standards of copyright is punishable by law.

Some mature topics: Warnings are put above chapters.