Chapter 28: Deprecation

Comenzar desde el principio

I wanted so badly to let it all out that Melanie was as much of a cheater as Vincent. But, because my loyalty reigned beyond my pride, I couldn't do it. But, I had a strong feeling that karma was going to eat Melanie's ass up.

"Well, someone call him, dammit," Mathias shouted angrily.

"Brother, please, I'm sure this is all a misunderstanding," Lance pathetically said. Right then and there, I knew I couldn't believe in him to get me out of this situation. It was futile; anything he said.

"Misunderstanding!? Are you telling me that the security guard, those three maids, Gina, and Lady Melanie are lying in my face!? That's six different people who told me my son is having an affair with this woman," he bellowed, a vain was becoming visible in his neck and forehead.

"Umm...uh...but, Mathias, you must understand, she's pregnant...pregnant with your grandchildren," Lance attempted to reason.

"I don't give a damn if the bitch has cancer, I want her gone," Miranda shrieked.

Suddenly, a familiar Rolls Royce pulled up beside the taxi cab. Vincent's large, muscular frame hopped out of the driver side of the expensive vehicle, slamming the car door behind him. I've never been so happy to see a person in my life.

"Mother! Father! What are you doing," he asked with vigor.

Miranda's nostrils flared angrily as she stomped toward Vincent. As she reached up to slap him, he grabbed her wrists. "Let me go right this instance, Vincent," she screamed.

"Vincent, release your mother," Mathias ordered.

"I'll let her go when you get those hand cuffs off of my woman," he shouted. I cried harder at his words.

"Let her go," Mathias said to the officer that held me.

The moment I felt the hand cuffs leave my wrists, I ran to Vincent, who released his grasp on his mother. My head nestled against his chest as his arms wrapped around me, protectively.

"Are you okay," he softly asked into my hair as he embraced me.

"No, I'm scared," I said between sobs.

"Shh, I'm here now," he whispered as he caressed my upper back.

"Vincent, why? How could you do this to our daughter," I heard Melanie's mother ask. "How could you cheat on her with a black woman and impregnate them both?"

"Yes, how could you," her father asked.

"You're disgusting," Melanie's brother, Andrew commented with a twisted countenance.

"You're a disgrace to the Royal family, son," Mathias insulted.

"All of you, shut the fuck up! I've been with this woman for over a year now, before I even knew of Melanie! If anything, Melanie," he paused. "Is the other woman. She was just the one that you all accepted because she had the Callahan name and was socially accepted!"

"You told me you fucking loved me, you lying bastard," Melanie said angrily.

"I will admit, I did love you, but seeing that I need Folashadé much more than I need you, I knew I couldn't give what you or my family wanted. I can only make myself happy. And being with Folashadé is what makes me truly happy," He explained.

I listened to the drumming sound of his heart beating beneath his chest. With him holding me like this, it felt as if his family weren't standing before us, wishing the guillotine was still legal.

"Do you think Ezra is going to be accepting of this relationship?" My eyes widened at the sound of Melanie's voice.

"What," I asked astonishingly, snapping my head in the direction of the masses. "How would he...?"