Chapter 28: Deprecation

Start from the beginning

"We'll talk more about it when you get home," she said before the line went dead.

"Oh, fuck," I mumbled to myself as I stared at the screen on my mobile. "Hurry, and take me to the Windsor," I instructed as I threw my suitcase into the backseat of the Rolls Royce.

"Um, yes, sire," he said with a hint of confusion.

__________

Shadé

I was seated in the back seat of a taxi while Vincent's uncle, Lance, was seated in the passenger seat beside the taxi driver. I kept thinking about why Vincent wanted Lance and me to take a cab instead of going with him.

I knew something was bound to happen when we return home, but I wanted Vincent to be there with me. It scared me that he would leave me alone to go to the castle without him. I was grateful for having Lance with me, but I preferred Vincent.

As we drove up the path to the castle, my anxiety sped up. I sighed deeply, feeling my stress level rise. Lance noticed this as he turned to look at me.

"Don't worry, Folashadé. God, is with you," he said, reaching back and grabbing my hand in his.

"I hope He is," I hopefully agreed.

The closer we got to the castle, the more I noticed that there were people outside the castle's doors. It was Frank and Aimee.

When the taxi came to a stop, I ran out of the car and into Aimee's arms.

"Shadé! Oh my God, we missed you so much," Aimee cried into my shoulder.

"Where have you been, Shadé!? We were worried about you," Frank said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I was with Vincent. But, I'm okay now," I said graciously.

"That's good, but you shouldn't be here! I tried to call Vincent but he didn't-," Aimee was suddenly cut off.

"YOU! Where the hell is my son," the Queen said angrily as she stomped toward me. Suddenly, the entire castle's residence came outside after her.

"I don't know, You're-" I was abruptly smacked across the face by the Queen's ungloved hands.

"You're Highness," Aimee shrieked.

"What the fuck," I bellowed, tempted to retaliate and slap her ass back. I was pulled back by my arms as hand cuffs were placed around my wrists.

"Hey, hey, what is going on!? Miranda," Lance said in astonishment.

"This whore of a woman! She seduced my son and now she's supposedly carrying his children," she spat furiously.

"That gives you no right to hit her, Miranda," Lance said exasperatedly.

"It gives her every right," King Mathias intervened, stomping toward us. "This woman has been having an affair with Vincent and has been lying to us all the entire time!"

"I-I-," I could barely speak. I was in shock, and I was so scared. I could hardly breathe, for goodness sake!

"Mathias, who told you this," Lance asked as I began praying quietly to myself that Vincent would come save me.

"I suggest you to not concern yourself with that issue, brother," Mathias hissed. "Where the hell is Vincent!?"

"He's probably out there with another mistress, probably getting her pregnant too," Melanie's voice said as she approached us. Her eyes roamed over me in a disgusted manner. "I thought we were friends, but then you got pregnant by my fiancée. Who does stuff like that," she angrily said, primarily for me to only hear.