Chapter Eleven

Ant's POV
I really didn't think it would be this cold outside. I can't feel my hands or feet; I should have never left Ross' house, over one little simple fight. Oh well. I called my boy Dominic up to see where he was at. Dominic was my best friend since 2nd grade. He was practically my brother.
"Where you at bro?" I said after he picked up the FaceTime call. "I'm at the crib, why the fuck you out in this?" He replied. "Look, I'll be over there in a few." I ended the FaceTime call and continued to walk to Dom's house.

Ross' POV
Waking up from my nap I realized that Ant wasn't here, "Ant!" I screamed his name. Shortly after that I felt my head start to pound. My headache was on one hundred. I walked to the bathroom and got Advil popped two of them and chased it with water. I went back into my room still kind of achey, looking for my phone to call him. I called, no answer. I called him again, still no answer. It's not like I know any of his friends either. I went into the guest bedroom that he had stuff in and found none of his belongings in there. What the fuck? I thought to myself. I sat on the bed and tried calling him again...still no answer. I grabbed the keys to my car and went on a search to find him.

Driving down his hood, I didn't see nobody around. I went to the gas station to stop and try to see if anyone seen him. Still no luck. I get back into my car and try calling him again. This time it kept ringing, C'mon, c'mon please answer. I said to myself; still no answer. I threw my head back before tossing my phone into the passenger seat. I started my car up and was about to start my way back home. That's when my phone started to ring. My heart almost skipped a beat until I realized who it was- my dad.

"Hey Ross!" He said, "What's going on man? Why haven't you been checking in with me?" He asked. "Dad, since when do you care? I've been taking care of myself since mom died." I said annoyed. "Cut it out Ross." He scolded me. "Did you see that laptop I bought for you?" He asked. "I did" I replied. "Well, what do you think?" "It's cool, I guess." I said not really wanting to be on the phone with him. "Look son, I know our relationship is a little crazy but I'm always working trying to make sure you're good. I don't want you to be like me. I want your life to be better than mine." "I hear you." I said throwing my head back. "Well son, I gotta go. I'll be home in two weeks or so. If anything changes I'll let you know. Love you." He said, "Love you too dad." We hung up the phone and I started to go back home.
I went right back passed Ants house and seen someone standing on his stoop. I rode pass real slow hoping they would turn around. To my surprise it was him. "Antonio!" I screamed. He jumped and turned around and started walking to my car. "What the fuck are you doing out here Ross??" He screamed at me. "Get your dumb ass home!" He said. "You had me worried, why haven't you been answering my phone calls?" I said. "Yo I'm not going to tell you again. Get the fuck out of here and go home!" He said turning around going back to his house. I turned my car off and walked up behind him. "Ant, stop. I wanna be with you. I'm sorry for what happened just please let me make this right!" I begged him. "Ross, now is not the time or place for this. Can you wait until we get home? Please," he said. "I don't want you in the hood, I want you home." I said to him shedding a tear. He looked around before pulling me into a tight hug. He kissed my forehead and said "Listen, I'm going to take care of you. I told you this."

We went inside his house to find a note left on the table stating his Grandma had moved to Florida with his uncle Daniel. Ant was furious that no one called and let him know. He called his uncle to confirm that she was with him. "We thought you ran away Antonio, you cannot be too mad at us. You changed your number and didn't even give it to anyone." Uncle Danny said. "Man whatever, fuck it! How am I suppose to take care of this house?!" He said screaming at his uncle. "The house is already taken care of. Do you not know that I own that house Antonio! Watch who you're talking to, like I won't beat your ass!" Antonio hung up the phone and went to his room, I followed right behind him.

I flopped on the bed and looked around his room. I noticed a baby picture of him, he looked about 5 years old and had a truck in his hands with a huge smile from ear to ear. "Damn babe, you didn't have any teeth!" I laughed making fun of him. "Oh shut up," he said throwing a shirt at me. He packed more clothes before we left his house. Then started our way to the car to go back to my house. I noticed a big black escalade driving down the street, I had Ants bag and I put it in the back seat. We were both in the car until Ant announced he forgot his phone, he went back in the house, I got out to check if I had my other boots in the trunk. The same black truck spun the block as I was changing my shoes they rolled up on me and put the window down. The guy had black sunglasses on and a black bandana tied around his face; he pulled out his gun and aimed it at me. I literally felt my heart drop to my stomach. I dropped my boot and tried to run. He let out two gun shots missing me, suddenly I tripped over the uneven side walk making me become a better target. I was shot right in my ass before cringing in pain.