Chapter Six

Ant's POV
The sound of the tv woke me up this morning, some kind of infomercial was on but I really didn't know what it was because of my blurry vision. I checked my phone for the time, 2:15AM. I wondered to myself if Ross was up. I went to the bathroom then stuck my head in Ross' bedroom to see him sound asleep. Now would be a good time to head out. I went back to the bedroom where I was sleeping in, grabbed my belongings then went to the front door to try and leave, only sounding off his home alarm. "Fuck", I said quietly to myself. Seconds later Ross comes rushing down the stairs with nothing but pajama bottoms on. "I'm so sorry Ross, I was trying to get home. I didn't mean to wake you." He walked passed me and silenced the alarm. "You're fine, are you sure you want to leave now? I can take you home later." Ross asked. "I might as well stay." I said to him. He then turned off the light and we headed back upstairs, "Hey Ross, do you have an extra blanket? I'm kind of cold in this bed." I asked him. "I don't, you could sleep in my bed with me if you'd like. It's big enough for the both of us." He said without looking back at me. I took his offer and left everything in the guest bedroom.

I climbed in his bed and got under the covers, his silk sheets were the most comfortable sheets I've ever laid on in my life. They probably cost more than my rent honestly. His back was turned to me until he tossed and turned over so that his face was to me. I couldn't go back to sleep so I put my hands behind my head and stared up at the ceiling and started quietly humming. Well, at least I thought I was quiet. "Dude." Ross said, "what are you doing?" He added. "Sorry I just can't go back to sleep. Once I'm up, I'm up." I said. "Well at least try, for me." He seems to really enjoy sleeping, "Ross" I said. He groaned, "What's up Ant." "Can we talk about last night?" As soon as I asked that his eyes opened big. "What about it?" I knew he knew what I was talking about. "The 'connection' Ross, you know what I'm talking about." I said to him. "You felt it too?" "Yes." I said. "So what do you think it means?" He asked me as if I knew the answer. "I don't know, I'm just as confused as you are." I seen him roll his eyes and shake his head. "What was that about?" I confronted him, "You just come in my life, come to my house and then all of a sudden we have this weird connection and you don't have an explanation for it." He yelled at me, "What the fuck, I'm just as confused as you are!" I shouted at him. "You know what, maybe you should just leave." He said to me. I looked at him in disgust before getting out of his bed and going back into the room where my belongings were at. I started putting on my clothes and shoes but half way through doing so Ross came in. "Look Ant," he said, "look man I'm really sorry. Honestly!" I ignored him and continued to get ready to go.
"So you're just going to ignore me, Ant?"
I still did my thing and walked towards the door without saying a single word to him. Quickly and quietly skipping stairs to find the front door; you could already guess who was behind me, still chatting— Ross.
"I'm not letting you leave Ant, it's almost 3 am and you're on some other shit right now." He said blocking the door.
"Ross, you either let me leave and not say shit else to me or, I'll kick your door down and you still not say shit to me, the choice is yours.
He looked me up and down then quietly and with an attitude disabled the alarm and opened the door for me. I looked him in the eyes before I stepped outside and started my way home.