Chapter Seven

Ross' POV

Mrs. Lancaster is the type of teacher to make sure she used all of her time during class; no one really was paying her too much attention, all that everyone could think about was winter break.
"Mr. Armstrong," I was called out by my teacher as soon as she said my name everyone started staring at me. "...yes?" I replied. "You do know you have been chosen to drop off the envelope, right?" She said. "The what?" "Thee envelope. Your name was picked randomly last week, but you probably wouldn't remember because you were sleeping!" This time after she said that everyone started laughing, followed by the final bell.
She came by my desk, placed the envelope in front of me and didn't really give too much detail about it. "So I'm just suppose to drop this off at this address?" I asked, "Correct! I'm surprised you would even think that." She pulled up a chair next to mine and crossed her legs. "Look Ross, I pick on you because I care about you!" She said, "I see so much potential in you, I believe you can go far if you use your talents!" she slapped me on my knee before getting and pushing in her chair. "C'mon Rossy let's get going; I'm going to be all boo'd up with my husband!"
I grabbed the envelope, wished her a safe holiday then headed to my car.

As I was pulling up to my house, I noticed my dad wasn't home. I headed inside before I had to leave and drop off the envelope. Entering the kitchen, I seen a box on the island with my name on it. I opened the package to find out it was another laptop my father had purchased for me. He always wanted the best for me, besides I am his only child. I grabbed a snack before heading to my car to take this envelope.

"In 30 feet, your destination is on the left." The sound of my GPS from my phone filled the speakers. I looked around in this very low income neighborhood. To be completely honest I was scared for my life; my car was the most expensive thing on the block. Grabbing the envelope from passenger seat reading the address- 404 S Lemon St. Luckily I was parked right across the street from it. I hopped out the car nervously, noticing the group of hood rats surrounded on the porch next to it. Quickly making my way to the house I slid the envelope thru the mail slot and headed back to my car. I felt all their eyes; I knew they were watching me like a hawk. As soon as I unlocked the door to my car I heard a "Yo!" In a familiar voice, I slowly turned around to see who wanted me. Ant. "Yeah?" "The fuck you doing 'round here?" He asked. "I-I was just dropping off something for class." I responded still scared. "Look, I know it's been a few months since we talked but, head to that gas station down the block and around the corner. I'll meet you there." He said with a serious look on his face. I shook my head in agreement then took off to the gas station he wanted me to go to.

Arriving to the gas station "Sonny's" I parked my car at pump 6 and did not get out. I stayed inside my car with all windows up and door locked. My nose was in my phone going back and forward through instagram, snapchat and twitter. I jumped when I seen a male figure walking towards my car, thankfully it was just Ant. He pulled on the passenger door handle not knowing it was locked. I unlocked it for him then he made his way into my car. "You scared or some?" He chuckled, "I can tell you ain't from around here." "What do you want from me Ant?" I said with a stale face. He stared at me and licked his lips before replying. "Look, I know we haven't talked in a long time but-" "But what?" I interrupted. "I need your help." He said not looking at me. "With what? You need a place to stay or something?" I said jokingly. He looked down and took a long pause. "I do, actually."