• chapt. 7 | i don't need a tutor

if tzuyu was being entirely correct, she loved her math class. she liked the group of kids she sat with and she loved the teacher even more. his passion for math is what got the brunette interested in geometry in the first place although she knew how much people hated it. there was one factor that she would often miss when she would tell people why she got into the class in first place, and that one factor had a name.

chaeyoung.

she liked seeing the shorter girl on her own without any influence from her other friends. she didn't have to try and be this high and mighty leader. no, in math class, chaeyoung was well - chaeyoung. the same chaeyoung that she knew since middle school. 

that's why when she walked into mr. garisson's class that monday afternoon, she had a smile on her face. the brunette saw chaeyoung sitting in her desk already, fidgeting with her pencil and drawing things on her desk.

tzuyu watched her in awe before being shoved by none other than suga - one of the trouble makers in this class.

"watch it," he exclaimed. he was the only exception to her liking the class.

tzuyu scrunched her eyebrows at him and was about to say something but the bell rang. defeated, she moved to her seat.

chaeyoung watched how the brunette girl seemed unfazed by their interaction. the smaller girl was even about to open her mouth to tell the rapper in their chorus class off, but the bell prevented her from doing so. how was it so easy for tzuyu to let go of a situation? how did it not even bother her?

tzuyu felt the smaller girl staring but did nothing. she did not want to draw attention to herself. so instead, she read the board about learning the pythagorean theorem and took out a sheet of paper.

the rest of class went by very slow. tzuyu understood most of the information given already, so she stopped writing down pieces of info on her notes. she looked over at chaeyoung and found the girl sound asleep. she giggled to herself as she shook her head.

she ripped out a piece of paper from the corner of her notes and crumpled it into a ball. she then tossed it over towards the smaller girl and it hit her head before bouncing off. tzuyu gasped as she put her head down in an attempt to make it look like she was still taking notes. chaeyoung awoke from her nap confused.

what the hell just hit me? she thought as her mind began to process that she had just fallen asleep in math class.

chaeyoung looked at the clock. they had five more minutes until the bell rang for lunch. the smaller girl began to pack up her stuff.  mr. garisson allowed them time to put their notes away and get ready for their next period but stopped when he saw chaeyoung.

"son chaeyoung, may you please come here for a second?" he asked politely. the girl already knew what he was going to talk to her about, sleeping in class. the girl made her way over towards her teacher as he began to take out a few sheets of paper. "i would like to discuss your current grade in my class, miss chaeyoung."

the smaller girl, confused, just nodded her head and looked at the paper. "what about it?"

"i've taken a look at your past few tests and you seem to be averaging a score of a D. this is not the way to start off a brand new school year," he said rather sternly. chaeyoung gulped and looked away. he was here to scold her. "now the quarter is nearly coming to an end and you will need all the good grades you can get and-" he stopped for a moment to place a sheet on his desk. chaeyoung looked down and sighed. "you just bombed the last test."

chaeyoung looked down at the paper and stopped herself from sighing. she looked back up at her teacher and shrugged. "i am trying, mr. g. geometry is hard, not to mention boring," the girl whined.