• chapt. 5 | swim meet pt. 1

tzuyu liked saturdays. she loved waking up to an empty house and being able to make pancakes undisturbed while her father was off at work. just having some alone time for herself was something she often looked forward to by the end of the week, and she knew she wouldn't have to hide away in her room like she usually did. that wasn't the case for this one, oh no. tzuyu found herself in nayeon's kitchen making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while momo and jisoo were tossing around a soccer ball in the living room.

"what time is their meet?" momo asked as she caught the soccer ball with her foot. she dribbled it for a few seconds before passing it over to jisoo.

nayeon poked her head out of the fridge. "jennie said around 12ish i guess. its only 8 o'clock and since i live close to the school, we have a lot of time."

the brunette pulled out a carton of milk and grabbed two glasses from her cabinet. she filled them up and passed one to tzuyu, who just finished making the sandwiches.

"are you sure you dont wanna go, chewy-ah?" she asked picking a triangle up. she bit into the sandwich causing jelly to run a little down her chin.

tzuyu saw this and chuckled. "nah i am good actually. i have to do some homework for ap human geography."

the oldest brunette looked over at her and frowned. "come on tzuyu, it'll be fun! besides you rarely ever get out of the house," jisoo whined before taking a seat next to nayeon on the table. she picked up her own piece of the sandwich and bit into it. "damn, these are really good."

"thank you," tzuyu replied with a bright smile. 

after throwing the soccer ball outside, momo came over to sit with the group. "i heard chaeyoung got benched," she replied, stealing nayeon's milk and giving her a kiss on the cheek when she saw her girlfriend pout.

"yeah, but that won't stop her from showing up. i mean, her friends are swimming after all," nayeon replied back.

they heard the door open and all eyes turned to find sana coming in from her run with a sigh. she went over and picked up the sandwich from the table, taking a moment to laugh when jisoo pushed her away.

"you stink sana. go take a shower."

"hey i just came from a run, okay? jesus," sana laughed. to make matters worse, she went over to sit on jisoo's lap.

"sana! you are all sweaty get off of me!" the older girl whined.

"not until you say the magic word."

tzuyu laughed along with the group watching her two good friends bicker. she debated on whether or not she really wanted to go. swimming didn't particularly interest the brunette, but being with her friends beat doing homework for just one day. besides, if she got bored she could just leave.

"you know what? on second thought, i'll go. its not like i wouldnt have time to finish ap human homework. i have tomorrow to do it," the youngest girl exclaimed awakening the others from their thoughts.

"okay good because i seriously thought i was going to have to drag you to the meet," momo said with a smile.

*•*•*•*

"ugh why the hell am i so nervous for this meet? its not like its my first time swimming," lisa sighed as she slipped out of her clothes and into her one piece bathing suit. the blonde felt like she was about to throw up, but this was usual. lisa seemed nervous in the beginning but always pulled through when it came to her time to swim.

she was in the locker room with chaeyoung, jennie, jihyo, and dahyun. since jennie and jihyo weren't swimming till later on, they didn't have to get ready yet. lisa grabbed her goggles, swim cap, and energy bar from her bench and went to the mirror to tie her hair to put into the cap. she grunted when a few hairs were still sticking out.

"its the first home meet of the season. you have every right to be nervous," chaeyoung replied as she shut the blonde girl's locker. the younger girl didn't want lisa to have a panic attack when she was a beginner.

chaeyoung had a lollipop in her mouth that she switched constantly from one side to the other. it was seductive to say the least.

"yeah babe, its totally understandable if you are nervous," jennie smiled, walking closer to her girlfriend and pinching the side of her cheek - something she knew lisa hated.

this caused the blonde to pout. "are you nervous too?"

"hell no. my mama didn't raise no bitch," the brunette said almost immediately back. dahyun choked on the water she was drinking as chaeyoung couldnt hold the laughter escaping from her mouth. jennie just looked back at them with a smirk before placing her arms around her girlfriend's shoulders.

lisa glared at jennie before the brunette laughed softly and kissed lisa's cheeks. "you know i'm kidding babe. sometimes i get nervous too, just not on this particular meet," she replied back trying to mask her voice. lisa just grunted in response and walked away from her girlfriend. jennie and chaeyoung followed after her out of the locker room.

jihyo went to her locker to place her stuff inside. she looked around to see if chaeyoung and jennie were in the room and sighed once she realized they weren't present. "so is nayeon coming still?" she asked with a smile. she took out her camera getting ready to take pictures for the swim team and to capture jennie's face when nayeon walks in.

"yeah," dahyun replied. "jennie doesn't know yet. nayeon told her that she had to work."

"obviously," jihyo responded. "i mean, it is suppose to be a surprise."

dahyun sighed in response. "i feel like chaeyoung should know they are friends."

"friends? uhm, they have been best friends since like forever what are you talking about?" jihyo responded back, shutting her locker.

"okay i get that but still, chae should know," dahyun replied with her arms crossed.

jihyo rolled her eyes. "well she'll probably find out today."

she handed dahyun her other camera. "remember, you are in charge of capturing nayeon."

the younger nodded softly before grabbing the camera and heading out of the room with jihyo