Your Honeymoon

Dedicated to -anotherwhatnot

****

During those two weeks of bliss, there were times when you found yourself feeling anxious. You couldn't help yourself. 

Sometimes at night, when you were lying beside him, you found it difficult to comprehend how someone so obviously wonderful and adventurous, had chosen you to be his partner. You knew that your doubts were nothing to truly worry about but...

...that didn't stop them from going away. 

However when things become too much for you- when your mind become too negative- you would simply wrap your arms around his waist, bury your face into the warm and comforting gap between his neck and shoulder, then close your eyes and remember all of the good times you had shared together. 

Soon the rain clouds that darkened your mind would eventually lift and leave you with nothing but internal sunlight and warmth. 

Soon you would find yourself smiling again, even if it was only temporary. 

Sometimes Newt would stir when he sensed your uneasiness- he was attuned to such emotions because of Pickett's frequent distress- and if you were not already holding him, instinctively pull you into his embrace. After which he'd sleepily discuss what was wrong and patiently listen to what it was that was troubling you. 

 It saddened him to hear you think so lowly of yourself, especially when he thought that world of you. There was no one else on the planet that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. He just wished that you could remember that but even if you couldn't, he had vowed to remind you every day just how much you truly meant to him.

Once he had successfully banished any reason for doubt from your mind, the auburn-haired male would continue to hold you close and mumble sweet nothings and whispered declarations of love to you, as you gradually fell asleep.