Back At Hogwarts

You were undeniably exhausted. You body ached, your eyes felt heavy and puffy as tears continued to pour and your brain like cotton wool. You hadn't slept in days. You couldn't.

Everything was just so wrong. It wasn't meant to be this way.

You lay back on your soft pillows, attempting to get comfortable but no amount of pillows were going to help you sleep. How could someone be too depressed to sleep?

The snow fell steadily outside of your window, you had always loved the snow.

You sighed, the sound absorbed by the muzzle that was clasped tightly around you mouth. It prevented you from being able to scream. It was the only thing that could stop you.

You were grateful for the peace and quiet but your one wish was that the mask didn't have to be so uncomfortable.

A/N: Imagine the mouth piece that Loki had eorn at the end of the Avengers. That's sort of the look I'm imagining.

You could feel the metal digging into your face, causing the toren flesh below to sting. Hadn't you suffered enough already? The unwanted pain just added to your growing discomfort and unhappiness. You wondered if your torment would ever end.

You recalled Newt's initial reaction to your new look. He had wept. Bitterly. Cursing himself. The memory of his tears broke your already shattered heart into smaller fragments. You hastily pushed your saddening thoughts away.

Looking out of the window, you lay in your bed, watching the snow, you had always loved the snow.

You heard the bedroom door creak open and the hallway light flooded into the room. It was carefully shut and in a blink of an eye. Newt was suddenly sitting by your side. His added weight caused the bed to dip slightly. "Hey." he whispered.

If there was one thing you were truly grateful for, it was that you no longer had to sleep in a hospital bed.

Just having him near made you cry harder. Newt carefully gathered you into his arms as you wept into his chest. He kissed the top of your head, rocking you comfortingly back and fourth. "I know, little love, I know." his own voice broke. "I know."

You were so tired but could not sleep. All you did now was stay awake all night, curled up in his warm embrace as he dreamed. At night, you allowed yourself to be comforted by Newt, as he spoke about how brave you were being. You did not feel brave, in fact yoy felt so, so weak. This was no battle for you, only a string of constant defeats.

What could possibly be next instore for you and Newt?