When You're With Him Til The End Of The Line

It was midnight and you both were sleeping side by side in a bed.

You were by the wall and Newt on the other, facing away from one another and trying desperately to keep your distance.

After the events in the forest, you had both apparated to a new location, somewhere that you'd be alone and able to talk. Reconnect with one another.

You were both now staying in Fuerteventura, one of Spain's canary islands.

You could hear his peaceful breathing and missed how your relationship was all those months ago. You had been in love and that was all you both had needed.

He remembered every hideous thing that Leta had forced him to do whilst under her influence. Despite telling him over and over again that it wasn't his fault, Newt refused to let you comfort him. He was disgusted with how weak he had been against her spells. You hadn't given up on him but he had on you. How could you possibly forgive him?

You yearned to hold him but he just pushed you away. Who knew love could feel so painful?

"I'm sorry, (y/n)." he whispered into the darkness.

You heard him whisper the apology into the night. He thought you were asleep but you were far too awake to fall into a blissful state of unconsciousness. He exhaled a shaky breath before attempting to sleep.

"I'm sorry too." you whispered back, assuming he had fallen asleep.

A small sob escape his lips, which instantly broke your heart. How can you comfort someone who doesn't want to be comforted.

The next morning, you slowly stirred, emerging disorientated from your deep slumber. In your confusion, you almost flinched in fear when you discovered a arm draped around your waist.

You quickly recovered when you realised that it was Newt lying beside you, still peacefully sleeping despite his ordeal from the day before.

You rolled carefully onto your other side, wanting to see how your boyfriend was fairing.

He may have been sleeping soundly but his face still carried traces of undeniable emotional pain. Dark, purple circles surrounded his eyes and a slight frown marred his features.

You continued to sit in silence beside him, your hand eventually trailing to gently run your fingers through his short, auburn locks. It was a gesture you hadn't used for a very long time. Not since-

He stirred slightly from the gentle touch, shifting in the bed to move closer to your warm body. "(Y/N)..." he mumbled in his sleep.

Curling up against him, you placed a gentle kiss upon his temple, lips lingering for a moment before you pulled away. "I'm here, Newt," you murmured. "I'm here."

****

He had terrible neck pain from sleeping in such a confined space, his body ached all over. Even breathing hurt.

At least the promising smell of pancakes was welcoming enough.

Opening his tired eyes, Newt woke up slightly disorientated. He sat up carefully, unaware that the space beside his was vacant. When he noticed that you were gone, he slipped put of bed and wandered to the kitchen.

His eyes widened to the sight of you cooking in the open plan kitchen before him.

You turned towards him, smiling. "Hey."

He sighed, looking exhausted. You noticed that his eyes were red and puffy. Newt had cried all night. How did you know?

Because you had been awake until the early hours of the morning listening to him. "Hey."

"Hungry?" you gestured to the plate of freshly made pancakes with a nod of your head.

He nodded and sat down on one of the kitchen chairs. You poured him a cup of coffee just the way he liked it.

As you watched him eat, you stood there and thought that maybe you were going to be okay. Maybe you'd both be able to move on from this horrible chapter in your lives.

You were still thinking that when he suddenly broke down infront of you.

His pancakes had been pushed aside and he was crying. His head in his hands.

At that moment, you were lost. You had no idea what to do. The feeling of despair were too overwhelming.

Surprisingly, he reached out for you, like a child does when upset. You rushed to him immediately. As soon as his arms wrapped around your waist, you realised just how much you needed him and how much he needed me.

"I'm sorry." he choked on his sobs. "I'm sorry about everything. I'm sorry for whatever I did. I'm sorry if I was such a monster that you can't love me anymore. I'm so sorry about everything I did that hurt you."

You knelt beside him, turning his head to look at you. Gently with the sleeve of your jumper, you wiped his tears away, letting your own escape and fall. "You," you took a deep breath in. "are not a monster. I could never, ever stop loving you. You're my Newt Scamander and I promise to love you no matter what."

You place a kiss on his forehead, making a trail down to his jaw, to that jaw you love so much and then to his perfect, pink lips that taste so sweet. Then you move to his neck and suck on his sweet spot, you know how to show him that you love him.

Newt pulled you to him, seating you on his lap, legs either side of him.

You feel his hand on your chin, tilting your head towards him. I see a glimpse of beautiful teal blue eyes before his lips meet mine again.

Pulling him closer to you, and gently placing your hands on the back of his neck, while his travelled to your waist. Tongues caught in a lustful dance.

When you finally pulled away from one another, you leant in and suddenly whispered: "Don't you ever push me away, Scamander. I love you too much to let you suffer like this. 'I'm with you til the end of the line'."