When He Leaves Without A Reason

That Same Morning.

He was sat on the bed beside you, fully dressed and full of regret- he felt repentant about the events that had occured during the night.

His long fingers absent-mindedly traced across his slightly bruised lips, as he recalled the passionate kisses you had shared together for the duration of your intimacy.

The male knew that he shouldn't have indulged you in more than just a kiss but he couldn't help himself. You'd wanted more and he'd been willing to give it to you.

Exhausted, he wanted nothing more than to apparate home and crawl into his own bed, alone with his self-loathing.

Percival Graves wondered for a moment if you were as unhappy as he was?

As you lay with your back facing him, you felt no remorse for what you did with the other male. Why should you? You had needed physical comfort and he had been willing to provide you with that.

You weren't cheating on Newt, as it was evident that you two were no longer together. So you felt no guilt. In fact, if given the opportunity again, you would be intimate with Graves again.

When the telephone rang, Graves was more than happy to exit the room and answer it. He needed to clear his head and your naked form concealed by only a sheet was not helping him to do that.

You couldn't hear clearly what he was saying, only the low murmur of his voice.

Stretching, you were curious as to whether Queenie and Jacob had left some pastries for you to consume. After such athletic activities, you found yourself feeling rather hungry.

"I've got to go." his sudden presence in the room startled you.

There was something about his body and tone that immediately made your stomach turn. "What's happened?" you asked him, although you weren't sure if you could handle any more bad news.

He remained silent as he slipped on his jacket.

"Graves," you said more forcefully. "what's happened?"

Finally he was ready to leave. His day in bed with his self-loathing would have to wait until a more convenient time. "Queenie is on her way home. Wait here until she gets back, she'll be taking care of you today."

"Is it him?" you whispered, dreading his answer.

What if it was? How would you feel about that? Devastated. As much as it hurt, you were still in love with the betraying magizoologist.

Your facial expression must have been one of pure fear because when Graves finally glanced in your direction, he suddenly paused, fully focused on you.

For the first time during that morning, rather than stay away, he took a step towards you. His hand gently trailed along your cheekbone- the gesture calming, almost reassuring. "Stay here and don't leave the apartment." he whispered.

Before you could respond, he walked away and then he was gone.

"Graves!" you cried, despite knowing that he couldn't hear you. It just felt good to shout out your frustration.

****

TO BE CONTINUED...

A/N: All will become clear over the next few chapters. Are you ready for the truth?