Chapter 16

(Zelda's Pov)

"Forest, I don't know if I'm ready...," I peered down at my shoes. "I've trusted you for a long time, and you're doubting yourself?," he came to me,"Why?" "I don't know...What if Dark captures me again in sin? Or even worse, kill me?" "No, that won't happen!," he hugged me,"I'm always by your side, and I won't let you leave my sight." I released a crimson tear from my eye amid peering at my dominant hand,"I don't know if this is right. All of this is my fault. I'm disentangled in the spider's web, and I don't know if I can free myself from the venomous bite." "You're facing him right in the eye. No one else interferes except for your soul. One of you will leave while one stays. Those are the rules.," he caressed my face. "I don't want to go through this!," I let out more tears of crimson, but Forest shushed me,"I know none of us want this, but it's for the greater good. Milady, protect Hylia's precious land...And smite him from this realm."

With that said, I made my way outside. Dark waited on the mirrored side, and he wasn't going to give in. "My, my sweet fiancee, we meet again." "Shut up, Dark! I don't love you anymore!" "Who can actually say that? You desired me from the very beginning." "That was only your fantasy!," I raised my rapier,"And your fantasy will end here!" "If you say this, no one will ever love you again.," he sighed while I prepared for the blow. He was swift to react, blocking my final stab and beginning our bloody dance. Our blades clashed against each other, letting the sparks fly madly. The rules were far from simple: Conquer your enemy to sudden death, and the Goddesses will honor your valor. He moved swiftly, and I didn't know if I was going to win or not. Just when I was about to strike his stomach, he flipped right above me, placing his blade against my neck. "Looks like I've won...Now, I hope you desire death because it shall come when I decapitate your precious head off your body." I remained silent, but I smirked,"If you decapitate my head..." I had him right I wanted him with my blade right on his arm,"If your swift suffice to take it." He growled under his breath, only making my pride strong.

I made my move swiftly, lacerating his arm that he screamed. I swiftly turned around, and stabbed him violently through his lower chest to the back of his neck. He remained still, and I have won the fight. "Your time is up...," I heard a voice under my breath. My eyes became shocked, seeing not Dark in front of me, but someone else. "Shadow?!," my eyes widened. I pulled the blade out of his body, causing him to descend onto his back. "Shadow!," Forest came out, then peered at me,"What've you done?" "What're you saying? I didn't know any of this!," I peered at him,"Shadow, tell me the truth!" He didn't respond as his flesh turned ashen. "Shadow?" No response again, and his blood stained him crimson. I saw tears come out of Forest's eyes, and I knew the truth. I wasn't supposed to fall, but someone else did. I knew who it was: The ally I assisted when we met again, seeing him feeble at hand when I displayed pity upon his soul. "What happened?" "Shining...," I peered away,"See the damage that I've done." I heard his tears come out, but I heard anger as well. "You won't harm her. She didn't know." "I don't care! You killed him!" I peered at him once more, but I knew something wasn't pure about him. He carried a large synth, stained in blood as one of his ashen eyes turned bloody and raven. "Shining?! What's wrong with you?!," I tried calming him, but he didn't listen. "You took him away from me! He was everything to me!" "Shining! Stop!" "You killed him!," he swung his synth towards me, and I blinded my eyes for the better or worse.

I heard a massive slice, and felt a fiery spew of gore stain my face and body. I hesitantly opened my eyes carefully, becoming shocked to see the figure before my eyes. I knew the figure all too well when he turned his face towards mine. "Milady..." "Dark!?," I was frozen. "I didn't want this because I was someone's puppet. The person before you is the perpetrator." I didn't understand. Shining Link was the one behind all of this? "Dark!," I caught him into my arms,"You're hurt!" He coughed blood once more, but I saw a warm smile upon his face. "How can you smile at a time like this?," I began tearing up. I was weeping....For my guardian angel...He saved my soul... Why Dark? Why're you doing this for me? "Dark! Wake up!," I tried getting his attention, but I remained frozen when I saw Shining Link near us. "He got in my way... He was nothing..." I peered at my rapier, and I found irate boiling up inside me. I heard Shining Link mock us again and again, smiling grotesquely at the mess he created. "Shut up!," I finally grabbed it, stabbing his chest hard til not a sound was created. He's dead...

I dropped my rapier, rushing beside Dark, and I hoped he was alive. "He's sleeping...," Forest caressed his face,"He'll be fine." "You think he'll heal?" "It'll take some time. He hasn't displayed his face to the light for a long time." "Get the other three. They'll--What're you doing?," I saw Forest strip his tunic, then revealed his back. "These marks will heal him. It'll use some of my strength, but I'll be fine.," he got up,"There's already been too much to bare." "Indeed...," I kissed Dark's cheek,"I hope he'll feel better."

~~~Time Skip~~~

I waited outside the guest bedroom along with the rest of the team. "To think....Shining did all this damage..." "I believe we've been through enough already. We need to leave." "But, I don't wanna sleep forever." Their sorrow and anarchy filled my mind, but I heard the door open. "I believe you need to come inside.," Forest came towards my ear. I nodded, and closed the door. I didn't see Dark immediately due to the lighting, but I sensed him. Inside the bed canopy, I saw a figure lying still. "Dark?," I came towards the bed, seeing him lie absolutely still. His face was a pale peach and his raven hair was dull, but I barely heard breathing. "Dark, tell me you're still alive!" He didn't respond, but I heard more breathing. I began weeping a bit, losing my hope that he was alive. I kept weeping until I felt a warm hand touch my head, and that was when I peered to see not a still, dead face, but one full of compassion and warmth. "You're alive!," I pounced onto him, but I heard him,"Easy! I'm still impaired!" "Sorry!," I sat up while my face turned crimson,"You worried me sick! Don't you ever--" I felt his lips again, leaving me in shock. With a parting sigh, he warmly smiled,"How could I ever betray the perfect woman?" I warmly smiled, embracing him once more,"By attempting to perish before my eyes." "Do you see me doing it?" "Absolutely not..." "Exactly...Let our hearts be full of embrace and lust," he comforted me amid looking seductive,"Why not have a little nap?" "There's nothing better than sleeping under the covers with you...," I began stripping my dress, leaving me in my corset. I shimmied my way into the sheets, and with a warm smile, I covered myself within lust.

Him and I shall never separate, and from that moment on, I found the tranquility and peace inside. Even though there were ups and downs in my life, I found myself the perfect life.