Chapter 9

(Zelda's Pov)

We both arrived at the Main Hall. I sat beside Dark, but his eyes were different in tone. I never seen him like this before. My ear twitched, hearing the sound of rattling chains echo throughout the hall. I was alarmed to see someone that I've met not long ago. "Well, brother, what'd you do this time?," Dark removed the blind off of him, and the eyes of a shadow came with sorrow. "Well, let's see....He brought in trespassers that desired to kill you, stolen your crimson heart, and killed one of the women in town.," the adviser smiled cunningly. "That's all a lie! I only brought in the boys just to see Zelda! Let me go! Now!," he was struggling through the chains. I knew it! It was Shadow Link, the dark mirrored figure of my childhood friend.

"Dark! Stop! What'd he say?," I came towards him, then glanced at Shadow Link, but his eyes were no longer in resistance, but in shock. "Zelda?! How'd you get here?!" "I don't know what you're talking about! I was here the entire time!," I glanced away from him. "I don't get it! You were with us!" "She belongs to me as her bride and you belong down in a cell.," I heard Dark hit him, and I opened my eyes. Shadow was weeping while a cut on his cheek bled.----He laid weak on his side. "Shadow?," I was worried about him. Dark grabbed my wrist,"He's nothing but a little brat. Vaati, take him away. I don't desire to see his face again."

I was alarmed. Did Dark just say Vaati? I thought he was dead! With a look back, I saw Shadow Link being taken away. I gazed at his azure eyes,"How could you do this to him?" Dark faced me with his eyes glowing seriously. I backed away as he released his hand from my wrist. He kept silent as he gazed back at Shadow's last memory of him being taken away. "Why did you do this to him?," I stomped my foot hard. He kept silent, but he headed somewhere. I followed him, and he stopped at a locked door. I gazed into his right hand, finding a small key. Once he opened the door, I was surprised to see an old mirror.

"I don't understand---Wait! Is that?!," I stepped back by one. Dark faced me while taking my hand. The mirror started to light up---Was it a magic mirror?---, then we faced it. I just stared at my reflection, seeing the beauty upon my face and body. I squinted at Dark's reflection, finding a person from within the mirror. It looked like Shadow Link, minus the demonic, raven, leather, torn wings and the raven tail with a spade point at the end. "Why's Shadow Link in there?," I peered deeper into the mirror, then I found my answer. It was my dream....

I saw Shadow Link above me, but he possessed no mask on his face. I had it in my hands. Was he the angel from heaven? I saw him vanish, but he said something that even I couldn't understand. I placed the mask on my face, and I heard a horrible scream come from my mouth. I fell towards the ground----No strength left in my body.---- and the crimson butterfly wings come out of my back. I saw Link's eyes in horror, and came quickly towards me. I saw Shadow Link watch Link weep for me. He wanted to help, but he was shunned by Link. Link held onto my still doll-like body while the wings formed onto my back. I saw more tears come out of Link's eyes.

I blinked my eyes twice, then glanced at Dark. "I don't understand...." Dark glanced at me while placing his hand on the mirror glass. He kept silent, but then he glanced away from me. "Shadow....He shouldn't have lived here with us....," he finally spoke. "I don't understand.....What're you talking about?" "He's not supposed to be here!," Dark slammed his fist onto the mirror glass while blood stained the glass crimson. Dark held still for awhile, then released his glass punctured hand from the glass. "You're hurt..." Dark's eyes glowed for a moment, then calmed down,"I'm fine." "You're still injured." "I said I'm fine!," Dark stormed out of the room.

I quickly followed him,"I still don't get it. Why do you say that he isn't one of us or he's isn't supposed to be here? Dark, just tell me. I love you and...." Dark seized when I placed a gentle kiss on his wounded hand. I felt him blush, then heard a sigh. "Dark? Please? Can you at least--" "Go and talk some sense to him.," he interfered. I was alarmed,"What?" "Go talk a bit of sense to him.," he placed my hand on his cheek, and I smiled calmly. "Thank you!," I went downstairs towards the cellar. I glanced back once more at Dark, but he wasn't there in the hallway. I rolled my eyes while giggling, then headed downstairs.