Chapter 33 | Game

Saying I'm nervous is an understatement.
Saying I feel sick is an understatement.

"A tree branch is going to fall on my head and I'm going hit the ground so hard, my skull will crack open and I'll die.
I'm going to fall down the stairs and knock myself out then suffocate.
I'm going to die, this is it. My last day. I just want you guys to know I love you and thank you for everything you've done for m-"
"Mark, if you don't shut up about this 'I'm going to die' shi-"
"Language!"
"-then I'm actually going to hit you." Yoongi complained, spread out on my bed whilst Jin was rummaging through my closet, looking for something for me to wear.
"Look, Yoongi, if you want to fight me I will gladly-"
"Both of you, shut your mouth." Namjoon commanded, sitting on the floor by my bed. I was sprawled out on the floor, my face to the roof as I contemplated my life choices.
"Yeah, I'm starting to get annoyed with your voice, Mark."
"Jimin, you're like 100 times more annoying than Mark." Jungkook teased.
"Be quiet you coconu-"
"Everyone shut up! I found the perfect outfit!" Jin screamed, jumping for joy.
"I don't want to go anymore." I grumbled, sitting up from the floor.
"Don't even joke about it." Jin stated, passing me the bundle of clothes he had picked.
"I'm serious. I can't face him. I think it's just best if-"
"If you do this, Mark. You're going to be letting him down again. Do you really think you can afford to do that? This is the first time Hobi has willingly gone out anywhere in ages." Jin sighed, his voice has softened and his eyes searched mine.

He's right.

"Okay. Fine, okay. How long?"
"An hour until it starts. You should leave in 30 minutes so you can get there on time." Jimin spoke, jumping onto the bed and landing next to Yoongi.
"I'm so nervous!" I cried, into the shirt Jin picked for me.
"Mark, if you really want to make this whole act work, you need to start getting ready." Namjoon suggested, and I heard a chorus of 'yeah's'.
"Right. Yep. I'll be back." I nodded, picking myself up and stumbling into the bathroom.

I really hope this works.

------------•

"Mark, don't be nervous. It'll be fine." Hoseok reassured, giving my back a gentle pat.

We were in the back of Namjoon's car, Seokjin was in the front, Namjoon was driving which left Hobi and I in the back seat.

Taehyung gave me a full five minute pep talk before we left, and it didn't help at all.
It made me more nervous.

"I know. I just can't believe how everything turned out." I sighed, wiping the sweat from my forehead.
"It's crazy." Seokjin commented while texting one of his classmates about the homework he had, obviously, completed.
"I just, I want to go home." I confessed.
"We're already out-" Jin fought, but I interrupted.
"I mean America. I want to go back. Spend some time with mum, finish school there. Try and mend things with my friends."
"Why don't you?" Namjoon asked, pulling up to the stadium.
"We don't have the money."
"Oh." Namjoon nodded, giving his boyfriend a glance.
"Anyway, we're here. So let's go." I chuckled nervously, rushing out of the car.

We were 10 minutes early.

And it was already packed.

People rushed to the entrance, giggling, shouting awful remarks at the opposing schools and yelling words of encouragement for their own.
Seokjin and Namjoon walked in front of Hoseok and I, they guided us inside and sat us down on a seat on the far right of the court, near the front.

"This isn't the best seat but it's better than others." Namjoon confirmed, sitting on the side closest to the wall, whilst Seokjin sat next to him, followed by Hoseok then myself. There was room for another 2 people on the steel seats we sat on, and I prayed no one would sit next to me.