Chapter 21 | Chemistry

It's been 8 days since the incident.

Which is somewhat a good thing. Yoongi is his usual, sleepy self... not that I would know. I just heard it from Jackson, who heard it from Bambam because they were in the same biology class.
I don't know about the rest of BTS, I don't really want to know amyway.
It's also Friday, which means Jackson's having a wild party tomorrow. Which means I'll be forced to go.

Great.

But before I get mentally prepared for the weekend, I need to focus on getting through today. Which means I have to go through a whole hour of Chemistry before lunch.
A whole hour with Jungkook.

Honestly, I don't miss him.

Lie.

I don't want to miss him.

"I'll see you after class." I tell Jackson, who was too busy talking to Jinyoung to notice.
Without giving him a chance to finish his conversation with him, I left. I don't want to interrupt their pointless banter.

When I entered the classroom, the familiar scent of chemicals hit me like a truck.

I'll never get used to these labs.

"We're doing group work today, Mark. You get to choose your groups." Miss Jung told me, with a small smile.
"Thanks, Miss." I nodded, taking my seat next to Jungkook.

The classroom was unusually loud, maybe it's because I never used to arrive this early, so I wouldn't know what it sounded like.

"Now that everyone is here, groups of two or three, please." Miss Jung announced.

In 0.5 seconds girls were screaming at their friends, guys were laughing and dragging chairs everywhere. Everyone was looking, but me.

Soon, everyone had a partner. All but two.

Jungkook and I.

Out of all people, I'm stuck with someone I'm trying to avoid.

"I guess we're partners." Jungkook mumbled and returned to his seat.

"Spend the rest of the lesson filling out these questions, when you're done you have free time." Miss spoke, her voice barely audible over the large amount of chatter.

"Let's get this done." Jungkook said, pen in hand.

I had already started, though. It was one of the easiest sheets I've ever done.

5 minutes had passed, and Jungkook wasn't even halfway done.

"Wait, I don't get it. Why does it- How are you nearly finished?!" Jungkook gasped.
I simply chuckled, and continued to do my work.
"Mark, what does 'C' stand for?" Jungkook asked, he had forgotten the sixth element of the periodic table.

Seriously?

I simply ignored him, finishing the second last question.

"Mark? Does it stand for Chemical? I don't get it." Jungkook sighed, running his hands through his hair.

I don't want to talk to him, I don't need to.