Chapter 30 | Pain

Warning: A to the N to the G to the ST (D)
-
"I know. I've known all along."

At this moment, everyone froze, including Jinyoung.

"What do you mean?" Jackson choked, his eyes scanning over my face.
"I knew. I know about the bet, I know it was all fake. I heard you talking about it, it was our 5 months and I spent the day with Jimin, you were all in the pool. I heard all of it. and you know what? I didn't fall for you, Jackson Wang. And thankfully, you didn't fall for me." I smiled, despite the tears falling from my face and blurring my vision.

I did fall for him.

"Marky, you've got it all wr-" Jackson pleaded, but I interrupted him.
"Don't call me that. You have no right to call me that."
"I can explain everything."
"You don't need to, Jackson!"
"Mark, just hear me out-"
"You've gotten away with way too much Jackson. You play with people for fun, you're a jerk. You're toxic. You manipulated me, controlled me, forced me to avoid contact with my friends."
"I- look let's... let's just go upstairs and-"
"Why? Are you embarrassed in front of your 'friends'? They're some great friends you have there."
"Look-"
"You don't even love me, Jackson."

Silence.

He know's I'm right.

"What do you know, Mark? How much did you know?" Yugyeom asked, his voice soft. Any other time it would have been comforting.

But now it's just painful.

I stood from my seat, Jinyoung was still standing, along with Jackson. Everyone else hadn't moved.

"Jackson, he had to stay with me for 6 months. Any longer, any shorter and he'd lose. I don't know what the heck you would get out of doing it, but you did. For what? Revenge? You think it's funny to toy with someone's feelings? All of you should be ashamed. Do you really think love is a game?! I can't believe any of you. You're all sick. It's disgusting. I shouldn't have trusted you. Especially you, Jackson. You were so mean to me, I thought I could change you. But you're all the same." I sobbed, wiping the tears from my eyes various times.
"6 months? No way." Jinyoung sighed in disbelief.
"Did you hear anything I just said? You're horrible people! I isolated myself from everyone because of this stupid bet!"
"Mark! You're so stupid!" Jinyoung exclaimed.
"Jinyoung, stop it." Jackson warned, and I thought I saw tears in his eyes. But I couldn't  be sure.

I didn't look for long enough.

"It wasn't 6 months!"
"Jinyo-"
"That wasn't the bet at all. The bet was-"
"Seriously-"
"-you had to stay with him long enough-"
"Jiny-!"
"-for you to stay in Korea."

What?

"W-what?" I stuttered, my heart racing.
"He had to make you stay in Korea and not return to America. And you did, so technically, Jackson won the bet anyway."

That's when it started to come together.

----Mark's memories ----
Markson's  5 month anniversary (Chapter 11)
"Hey, it's nearly been 6 months." Jinyoung commented, his voice low.
"Hardest 6 months of your life." Jaebum added, stepping out of the pool.
"Nah, Mark's easy." Jackson replied, swimming to the edge. "He's hot too."
"Whatever." Youngjae rolled his eyes.
"Anyway, I better ring him. I wouldn't want him getting all heart-eyes with Jimin" Jackson spat, lifting himself out of the pool.
"Looks like Jackson has some competition." Jinyoung smirked, watching Jackson dry himself.
"I always win. I always reach my goal. I'm going to do this. I'm not backing out of it, I know what I'm doing... Want to try me Park Jinyoung? Want to see how bad I can get?" Jackson threatened.