Chapter 46

"Is there something wrong with your graduation gawn?" Dad asks me as I'm starring at my graduation gawn in living room.

"No." I shake my head.

"Then why are you keep looking at that?" Dad asks me.

"It's just I'm sad that tomorrow I'll graduate from high school. And then living away from you in a new place." I sigh and sit down on the sofa.

"Kate, there is nothing wrong with that." Dad says to me. "That's what you have to do. You graduated from high school, you go to college, you get a job then you get married and have babies."

"I just feel like I will live far away from my family." I let out a sigh.

"You will live with your brother there. Dont be scared. You can always come back home and the door will always open for you." Dad sit down next to me.

"Tell me that you dont want me to go, dad. So I wont go." I said to dad.

"To be honest, yes. I dont want you to go but you have to go. You cant stay here all the time. It's time for you to go out and make your adult choice. You're not a high school teenager anymore Kate. You're an adult now. You make your own choice and I do nothing with that. I bet your mom is really proud of you. Knowing that you are grow up become a person, you got into a college that you really dream of. You got your dream job. You got everything and sometimes I just wish that she is here so I could tell her that I'm succeed to raise you and Kurt with my own hands." Dad says to me.

"You always do your best dad." I half-smiled at him.

"Listen, New York is gonna be amazing. They need people like you. It's gonna be a new adventure. Stay there for six weeks, if you cant feel the differences, you can go back home and I will send you to another college. Just dont be some kind of freaks who afraid to face new adventure." Dad says to me.

"Thank you, dad. I love you so much." I smile at him and hug him.

"I love you too, Kate." Dad hugs me back.

"Well, I guess I have to save this graduation gawn before McConaughey get it and bite it and it break." I said to dad and take my graduation present then stand up from my seat.

I walk upstairs while holding the graduation gawn and walk into my room. I place my graduation gawn in my walk in closet then take my suitcase from my walk in closet.

I'm gonna packing the stuff that I'm going to bring to New York. Tomorrow is graduation day and after that, I will live in New York with my brother and my friends there.

I know it's gonna be exciting but to be truth that I'm not ready for that. I know it's gonna be a new adventure but still it's terrifying. But I will lose everything I reached if I'm not gonna get there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Graduation Day

I'm sitting down on the audience seat next to Sam wearing our graduation gawn. And waiting Principal Sylvester to call our name one by one.

"Arthur Abrams."

Artie wheels from the backstage and get his diploma and smiling at us as we are applauding for them.

"Blaine Anderson." Blaine stand up from his seat and walks to the stage and get his diploma and standing on the stage.

"Kate Hummel." I stand up from my seat and hugging Kurt then walk to the stage. Mr. Schue give me a diploma then I'm standing next to Blaine and see my das is smiling happily at me and give me two thumbs up.

"Tina Cohen-Chang."

"Tina! Tina!" The others cheering for Tina as she walks to the stage and get her diploma.