Leaving

Setting: the train ride home, Harry's p.o.v.

"So she really his your sister?" Ron asks

"Apparently so," I says

"Hang on," Ron says, "than why isn't she in any of the photos in your album?"

"Obviously a powerful advanced spell used to remove her from the pictures," Hermione says

"Oh yea obviously," Ron mocks, "don't suppose she told you why she's been so different this past year compared to last?"

"She did," I tell them, "but I'm not gonna betray her by telling you."

"Good," Hermione says

"I'm going get something from the trolley," I say getting up, "want anything?"

"I'm good," Ron says

"Me too," Hermione adds

"I might stop and talk to Jemima a bit if the line outside her compartment isn't too long," I tell them

"And if it is?" Hermione asks

"I'll push my way through and see how she's holding up," I say simply

"In that case," she says getting up, "I'll come with you."

"..." Ron and I stare at her

"What?" She snaps, "even book worms have their secrets."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Meanwhile, in Jemima's compartment: her p.o.v.)

     I must have listened to at least half the train since we left Hogsmead station by now; Ravenclaw after Hufflepuff after Gryffindor and Slytherin-too. Many. People!-I'm running out of ink and paper trying to keep track of everyone. The moment one person slips out, the next slips in with no breaks...it's enough to drive a person completely mental, but it's better than thinking about the inevitable that awaits me when I get back. I look up to see the same silver haired girl from  some time prior...

"Relax," she says, "I haven't said a word to anyone about your secret."

"..." I stare waiting for her to go on

"The headmaster gave me this letter to give to my dad," she say, "I'm a bit on edge that I might've...'gotten out' if you know what I mean."

"..." I stare at her unsure

"Dad would not be happy with me if that happened," she says, "especially since I'm more able to control it that he is."

"..." I haven't the faintest idea what she's talking about, especially since she's never actually told me of this secret she's referring to

"Well, I feel better," she says standing abruptly, "thanks for listening."

"..." I stare at her blankly before nodding

"Oh!" She exclaims turning around as if just remember something, "and I have a massive crush on Fred Weasley; don't tell him ok?"

    And just like that she's out the door, not even looking to see if I gave any form of response; I make quick work of recording her down as the next person comes in and sits down across from me...

"Heads up Lily," comes two similar voices

"..." I look up and smile half heartedly at Fred and George

"What's got to you?" George asks

"..." I just turn and look out the window

"..." I catch them glance at each other through the window reflection