28

Just as quick as winter came, it finally ended. Most of my time has been spent at the now very familiar trailer, that I've gotten used to. As much as I'm over on the south side, sometimes it feels like I've gotten dragged down into it. 

Jughead hadn't gotten back yet, each day we promised each other to meet up at his dad's trailer. His foster family, was pretty nice about letting him stay out late. Each night when he got home, I could smell the scent of cigarette's and alcohol on him. I knew that he didn't drink, he'd never follow in his father's footsteps in that way, but I knew that he would occasionally smoke. Not only because of the times I would find them laying around outside, but also when we kissed. I could always taste the nicotine on his breath.

As much as I didn't want him to be a serpent, or smoke I knew that it was the best way for him to fit in. It made it easier on him at school, and I knew that he was smart enough not to make horrible decisions. So I never nagged him about it. But, right now is one of those times when It scared the shit out of me. Because, he hadn't gotten home yet, and it was already 11:00 at night. 

I sit in one of the old chairs in the small living area, patiently waiting for his arrival. But, of course I couldn't keep the bad thoughts out of my head, what if they persuaded him to do something stupid. What if he finally found the people he was mean't to be with, and completely forgot me.

Just then the front door creaks open, I jolt up from the chair. Turning to meet his eyes. He barely ever wore the beanie anymore, and for some reason it would always upset me. It was apart of him. His new wardrobe these days consist of his new leather jacket. No more flannels and blue jean jackets, no that was gone. Sometimes I didn't even know if he was the same person anymore. 

"Why are you so late," I try to calmly ask him, walking forward. I could already smell the nicotine and alcohol.

"Betts you know why I was late," He quickly dismissed pulling out his pack of cigarettes and quickly lighting one, putting it between his lips and breathing in. He didn't even try to hide the fact that he was doing it either. The entire time, one expression stays on his face. His eyebrows stayed pursued, and he looked like he'd had a bad night.

"Actually I don't, you know I have been compromising when it comes to all of this," I spit out gesturing my hand to his new appearance. 

"But, I don't know how much more I can take," I finish, pulling my long blonde hair up into a messy ponytail, not even caring how it looked. It was so hot in the trailer, I could feel the beads of sweat rolling down my neck. And my hair was frizzy from this new humidity from the summer heat.

"What does that mean, Betts you know how hard this is on me," He grunts out, opening one of the small windows and flicking his cigarette bud out. 

"How hard it is on you..Ha you have no idea how hard it is on me...Do you have any idea how much I worry about you..I hate that this is what has come from all of this," I sigh in frustration. Feeling the warmness build up on my face.

"Betty, I know this is hard on you, and trust me. I wish I didn't have to live on the south side..I wish I could be back at Riverdale high. Working on the blue and gold with you.. And hanging out with our friends at lunch....But, you know why that can't happen," He groans sitting down on the couch, and leaning his head back. Running his fingers through his crazed black hair.

"Juggie, how come it seems like you've changed," I find the question leaving my lips, while kneeling down in front of him. Placing my hands on his knees. He leans down to press his forehead to mine, while inhaling. 

"I haven't, I still love you....I still feel exactly the same..so do you....Don't you," He leans up, meeting my eyes. I smile at his question before replying, 

"Of course..I still love you..I could never stop, why do you think I worry so much...I never know if something bad's going to happen to you, I never know if I'm going to see you again, and that tears me apart knowing that, there's a possibility that it could happen," I frown by the end of my statement, looking down at my thighs pressed together. I feel his warm fingers touch my chin, lifting it up. And, I soon feel his lips on mine. I in hale and even though I hate the fact that he smokes, there's something about it that brings comfort to my mind and body. His hands move down to my hands, and he pulls me up. Straddling his waist, he smiles into the kiss. Bringing his hands to my lower back, rubbing circles. I lean into the kiss, letting out all of my frustration, I needed this. 

Our tongues collide, and our kiss becomes fervid. My hands move to his wavy hair, tugging it. Earning a groan from him, but it becomes muffled when he press's his lips to my neck. Kissing, and tugging at my skin. Igniting my body with flames. 

My breathing turns to pants, and soon he's pulling away. Bringing me forward to press our foreheads against each others once again. I catch my breath, smiling at him. 

"God, how I've missed this," I mutter leaning in again, to quickly press my lips to his. Teasing him in every way possible. He leans forward to press his face into the crevice of my neck, as I wrap my arms around his shoulders, and he hugs me to him. 

I could be in his arms forever, and I know that this feeling will never go away.

"Me too," He mutters into my neck, tickling my skin. I chuckle at the small sensation, before our lips are connected once again.

                                                                                     **

HOPE YOU LIKED THIS SHORT ONE SHOT. IT'S KIND OF MY PREDICTION FOR SEASON 2, TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING, 17K READS THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!