13

Jughead's Pov:

Seeing Betty smile was the best thing I have ever seen, she was so beautiful and she didn't even know it. I hate that Archie and Veronica treat her like shit. She deserves real love, and happiness, not the occasional dates and kisses Archie sends her way. I have always loved Betty, but I knew that she didn't feel the same, like I said she loves Archie, and boy is he the luckiest guy in the world, and he doesn't even know it. He's completely oblivious to Betty's feelings. 

I sit at lunch by myself, watching Betty sit and be the third wheel in Archie's and Ronnie's conversation, don't they see her sitting there trying to get a word in. I've had enough, I shut my laptop and walk over to the lonely blonde and her backstabbing friends.

"Hey Betty, will you help me out in the Blue and Gold office, for a paper i'm writing", I ask, even though it's a lie, I needed to save her from this. 

"ugh yeah sure, I guess", she replies looking up at Archie and Ronnie to tell them bye, but they hadn't even moved an inch from each other. They were still sitting, facing each other and smiling. Completely oblivious to the fact that me and Betty had been talking. The nerve of these two. 

She quickly gets up and rushes away from the table, with me following behind trying to catch up to her. Once I had finally reached the Blue and Gold office, I see Betty already sitting in there at a desk, with her head down in between her arms. Poor girl. 

"Betts, are you alright", I question walking in and putting my bag down at the desk in front of hers and taking a seat. 

She looks up at me, with tear stained cheeks, and red sore eyes. 

"Yeah, fine", she quickly dismisses trying to compose herself, that's another thing about Betty, she hates for people to see her cry. 

"Are you sure, you seem pretty upset", I ask while grabbing her hand trying to comfort her, trying my best to forget how nice it feels to have her skin against mine, shut it Jughead, get a hold of yourself, moron. 

"I'm fine Juggie, honestly it's not like none of this hasn't already happened before, I am just a wreck and cry over every little thing", she replies while shaking her head and wiping the final sign of tears away from her cheeks. 

"Betty your not a wreck, You don't deserve what they do to you", I explain while taking both of her hands into mine, She looks up to meet my eyes, and god why does she always have to look so pretty. The blue in her eyes seem to sparkle even brighter in the moment, and I can't breathe. 

"Thanks Juggie, that means a lot", she smiles while squeezing my hands in reassurance. 

"Anytime", I reply slightly smirking down at her, god where did that come from, a minute ago I couldn't breathe, now I have turned into some flirt, I am never a flirt. 

she looks down at our intertwined hands and blushes. The once already rosy cheeks got even redder, and I swore in the moment that it was my new favorite color. 

"Juggie can I ask you a question", she asks while looking back up at me, with her cheeks turning darker by the second. 

"Yeah", I reply smiling. God I am smiling a lot today. 

"Why are you being so nice to me", she smiles.

"Because, even if you haven't noticed I have always cared about you", I reply, while bringing my hand up to brush against her pink cheeks, She looks so beautiful. 

"Really", her smile brightens. 

"Yes really and I will always be here for you, no matter what", I reply, before I know it she has leaned forward and kissed my cheek. Her lips are so soft, who would have thought that I would get affected this much just with a kiss to the cheek. It was sweet and gentle just like her. I could feel the heat rise to my face as she pulled away. 

She had that perfect smile on her face like always and It couldn't have made me happier.

"Same", she replies to my statement, before she leans across the table once again but this time to embrace me in a hug. Her hugs were just as sweet and gentle as her kiss, and I couldn't take it anymore I pulled her even closer to me, I needed to be close to her, to smell her sweet scent, which consist of strawberries and bubblegum. I needed to be this close to her, even if it was the last time I ever would be. I loved Betty Cooper and I always would. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT DID YOU THINK, PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT. 

THANKS FOR READING.