Chapter 52: Puppets Part 5

Start from the beginning

She's simply arrogant.

----------

Jeimass was teleported to the new battlefield, and thankful that she is wearing her hooded cloak.

She was standing on her own platform of ice as Gill stood on his. Both platforms were floating on top of a lake as the whole battlefield was flooded.

She looked at the water, estimating that it was at least ten blocks deep. The cool mist making her bloody bandages on her face moist. She could have changed them, but she needed something to stop the bleeding.

She looked at her opponent.

[Gill] Level 270

Class: Warrior

Wearing standard black leather armor with iron plates. Not to mention the ocelot face he has on the back of his armor; a black tower shield in his left hand, and a crossbow in his right.

Not to mention the wool doll he has on his belt...

Still, he looked nervous. Which is ironic for Gill considering how arrogant and confident he usually is.

She felt her right eye throb with pain, but simply let it go. There are more painful things than a black eye in life.

The announcer's voice boomed. "Alright- now is the final fight! Gill versus Jeimass!" The crowd went wild, especially Cassie.

But not because of the fight, it's because she will finally get rid of the person sitting next to her left. She looked to her one-armed companion, the two Hell Rings on her ringers as she's wearing a hooded cloak; totally covering her face and most of her body.

'Soon...' Cassie thought excitedly. 'I'll get rid of you, and I'll have fun when I do it!'

She'll do that later though, it will happen after the fight. But all of that excitement for a bloody fight was gone in an instant when Gill opened his mouth.

"W-Wait," screeched Gill. "I give up!"

The crowd was stunned as it took them a few seconds to register what happened. Gill, who is part of the Ocelots, champions of the Tournament, who has overpowered items, just surrendered?!

Even his opponent, Jeimass, had a surprised look and could only say one thing. "...what?"

----------

"What?!" Screeched Petra as she stood up, her chair falling to the ground from the sudden movement. "Did he just quit?!"

"He didn't even bother trying?" whispered a disbelieved Axel. 'This is the guy that used to push me around?!' he thought before cracking his knuckles. "When I get my hands on him I'll-!"

CRUNCH!

Everyone stopped yelling as a huge jagged crack spread across the large glass window. They followed the crack to its origins.

Jesse, his fist imbedded into the glass with such force. He ripped it out, not caring about how bad the cuts on his fist are, and he walked to the teleporting rune inside the medical wing.

"Jesse," said Axel. "where are you going?"

"..." he said nothing as he stopped and turned to face his friends. "... the Tournament is over and we need to go down there and get our prize."

They wanted to argue that they got third place, and only got some diamonds as a result of their position of victory. But then it all clicked, like a puzzle fitting together.

Jesse doesn't want the diamonds. He knows that all the competitors, form third place and up, will gather down in the center to host an award ceremony to give out the prizes.