7

Early warning: Something here may be a bit too much for sensitive readers so please be aware. The triggering stuff is going to be marked by a flower to show you when it starts and when it ends so you can skip it. [This chapter was a bit rushed but I hope you find it enjoyable.]

K.C

I woke up to the sound of a keyboard tapping, the only thing breaking the static-like silence. I rubbed the blur from my eyes and looked for the tapping noise only to see 101 fervently typing away at his laptop. I looked at the digital clock on the wall and looked back to 101.

1:46 am

I sat there for a few more minutes, the red head still not noticing me staring at him.

1:48 am

"What do you want, K.C?"

Oh, he did notice.

"Nothing, why are you up this early?"

He looked at me with a puzzled expression and  scooted over to my couch (the couches were just beside each other, as for the other two they were on the opposite side) He showed me the screen which displayed a mission file.

"He can still contact us?"

He nodded, "Only through mission files though, but this is an actual mission."

"Well, what is it?" I questioned him, sitting up from my laying position.

"We have to go somewhere today, I'll fill you in once the others are awake, too"

2:30 am

"Hey, 101?"

"Yeah?" he replied, looking up from his laptop.

"I'm just going to have a stroll outside, if Seven wakes up and I'm not here yet just tell him."

"Alright" and the typing continued.

As I strolled, the cold air hit my skin, blew strands of my violet hair and my thoughts wandered back to my past.

All I remember is standing next to my dad and crying, crying for what reason, I don't know. Was it the news that my mom died? or was it the fact that my dad never cared? I still don't know.

It was that one day which everything turned around, a man visited my dad and I don't know what they talked about but when my dad came back he beat me. He beat me, he beat me, he beat me and he kept beating me until I was all bloody and almost dead.  Never had I ever felt so fucking weak and vulnerable.

On the following days, he kept getting drunk and came home just to beat me, to vent out his anger. My body became frail and weak due to the lack of food, he never fed me, he never cared.

But one day,  I was fed up of being starved. So I took it upon myself to get food. I creeped along the stairway until one of the steps creaked so loudly it woke him up, he was on the floor, drunk. 

"What  the fuck are you doing, pest?!" He screamed, making me flinch.

I was going to say something but he kicked me and I fell to the floor gasping for air. 

I needed to retaliate, to protect myself, so I took a broken bottle and charged at him blindly. Since he was deathly drunk, he was uncoordinated and he ran straight into the sharp bottle, I pulled it out. Blood splattered on my face and his dying body fell backwards.

'What did I do?' I thought to myself, panting heavily, on the verge of tears.

The blood, I have to wash off the blood.