Chapter Twenty Three

Trapped

Anastasia's P.O.V

I just put Midnight down for a nap and now I'm sitting on the bed in my old room, thinking. The things Chase said really hurt. I have never seen her so angry. I can understand why and I didn't want to just leave her, but I needed to think. Our daughter is in danger we should do anything in our power to protect her. I can't stop thinking about what happened earlier.

*Flashback*

After Chase stormed out I had Gina explain to me how taking Midnights wolf would work. Apparently it's going to be very painful. I cringed at the thought. She grabbed my hand and gave me a sad, but comforting smile.
"You don't have to decide right now." She said. "I know, thank you Gina, but I have to go." I said. She nodded as we both walked to the door. I hugged her goodbye and got in the car.

"Are you alright?" Chase asked.
"I want to go home." I said. She sighed and started driving back to the pack house. When we stop in the driveway I jogged up the steps an into the house. I mind linked my brother to come get me. I went upstairs, packed a bag, grabbed Midnight and her diaper bag. I jogged down the stairs trying to quickly get to the door, but I'm stopped by Luna Elizabeth. "Ana honey is everything okay?"
"What did the witch say?" She asked.
"Midnight is in danger." I said on the verge of crying. Her eyes watered. "Oh that's awful, where's Chase is she okay?" She asked.

"She's in the car and I'm not sure, but I have to leave." I said. Before the Luna could speak Chase walked in. We both looked at her confused expression.
"What's going on?" She asked.
"Chase I'm staying with my parents." I said.

What?!" "No!" "Why?" She screamed. "I'm sorry Chase, I just can't be around you right now." I said. I saw pain and anger in her eyes. "No, you can't take my daughter away from me." She growled.

She goes to grab my arm, but Jonas comes out of the kitchen and pushes her back. "No Jonas let me go!" Chase growled. "Chase your eyes keep glowing, your wolf is coming out you don't want to do something stupid!" He said to her. I look at her with a slightly pained frown before walking out the door, putting Middie in her car seat, getting in the car with my Jason and then driving away seeing the pack house in the distance.

*end of flachback*

I just don't even know what to do now. I feel horrible. My guilty thoughts are interrupted by Middies cries coming from the baby monitor. I walked over to her room and opened the door. I pick her up out of her crib. I cradled her in my arms while patting her back and rocking her back and forth. She continued to cry and that's when I realized.......

"I know I miss her too." I spoke quietly.

*the next morning*

I didn't sleep at all. It took me two hours to get Middie to go to sleep. Chase not being around us is really hitting us hard, but I still think we need some time apart. I want Middie to see her, but I'm not sure if I really want to talk to her yet.

After having a battle with myself in my head for ten minutes I picked up my phone and clicked Chase's contact.

Before it could even really ring She answered.
"Hello?! Ana?!" She said panicked. I cover my mouth as I start to cry. She's been drinking, I can hear it in her voice. "Ana?! Are you coming home I m-miss you and our little miracle." She sobbed. I wipe my nose with the sleeve of my jacket and say gently, "Chase baby you need to get some sleep and put the vodka away."
"O-okay do you still love me?" She asked. I hold my breathe as more tears escape. "Of course I still love you baby, I would never stop." I said. She sniffles, "I love so much it hurts." She said.

After I got off the phone I fed Midnight and fixed myself something to eat. My parents are out so it's just the two of us.
As I'm washing the dishes the doorbell rings. I go over and open the door to see Chase standing on the porch.
"Can I come in?" She asked. I nod.

I sit on the couch and she sits next to me. "Where's Middie?" She asked looking around. "Napping, she didn't sleep well last night." I said. She nods.

"Look Ana I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you or almost loose control." She said. "I just want us to be happy." She continues saying and grabs my hand. I look into her eyes. The eyes that always make me melt. In that moment I let all my emotions and feelings come out. I started to cry. I fell into Chase's arms and wrapped my arms around her neck.
She pulls back over a few minutes and wipes my tears.

"I love you." She said with a half smile.

"And I love you."