Chapter Twenty One

Coming Home

Chases P.O.V

Julie allowed Ana and Middie to come home today. They were in the hospital for three days. Middie really loves everyone and she loves her room. She's always smiling. I've noticed something different about Midnight though.
At the hospital I would leave the room before giving her the pacifier, but when I would came back it would be in her mouth. It kinda freaked me out and I'm scared to tell Ana because she's being one of those crazy and protective moms.

"Chase, can you get Midnight she's whining and I really have to help my mom with something?" Ana comes in the kitchen slightly panicked holding the baby monitor.

"Honey calm down I got it go help your mom." I said kissing her cheek. She smiles and leaves the room. I go over and heat up a bottle. Once that's done I walk up stairs and set the bottle down. I go over to the crib and pick up Middie. She whines as I pick her up and I hold her in my arms. When she looks up at me I smile and she giggles. I giggle with her. "Silly baby." I said as I grab her bottle and start to feed her.

I'm looking into her eyes when they light up. Not like when someone says your eyes light up like her eyes are actually glowing. I look her in the eyes shocked as she just continues to drink her milk.

"Why are you looking at her like that?" Ana asked in a small voice. I look at her. "Uh....what do you mean?" I asked. She sightly pouts. "You were looking at her like you were worried or...even scared." She said sadly. She's been very sensitive lately.

I sigh. "Listen, Ana... I start to say, but she cuts me off. "You don't want her?" She asked teary eyed. My eyes widened. "Of course I want her Ana she's OUR daughter." I kinda raise my voice. Midnight starts to whine, so put her bottle down to burp her.
"I-I'm sorry." Ana said wiping her eyes.

"It's ok baby, just calm down." I tell her. "I love our daughter so much. I'm just worried because she's been doing some weird stuff." I said.

"Like what?." Ana asked.

"Well, her eyes lit up before you walked in." I said.

"Isn't that normal?" She asked.

"Well yeah, but she has to get her wolf first." I said. Ana confused expression turns into a worried one.

"What should we do?" She asked. I look down at the sleeping child in my arms and say, "We should go talk to a witch."

Ana's head shoots up. "Are you sure?" She asked. I nod. "Alright." She said.

Anastasia's P.O.V

Later that night with Chase driving and me in the passengers seat we make our way to a old house where a witch is residing on our land. Riding down a bumpy dirt road I start to think of all the things Chase has noticed going on with Midnight.

It scares me because I have no idea why this is happening with my baby. When we pull up to the house we go up to knock on the door. A lady in her mid thirties answers. She is quit beautiful with her big curly brown hair and bright green eyes. She's wearing a purple flowy dress and a wrap around headband.

"Can I help you two with something?" She asked kindly.

"Hi, I'm Alpha Max's daughter Chase."
Chase smiled.

"Oh of course it's nice to meet you, come right in." She said.

We walk in and sit down on the couch and she sits across from us. Her house is pretty old and there's a lot of books in her living room.

"I'm Gina, welcome to my home." She said politely.

"Oh and this is Ana my beautiful mate." Chase said and looked at me with a smile and adoration in her eyes. I smile back at her.

"How lovely, now what is it you have come for?" Gina asked.

"Well, we have a daughter, the moon goddess so kindly gave us a child that is both ours, but came from me." I tell her. She nods letting me know to continue.

I look at Chase then back at Gina. "She's shown signs of having some sort of powers that we don't understand." I said.

She nods and says. "You are the one that gave birth to this child, correct?" She asked me. I nod.

"Give me your hands." She said.
I hold out my hands and she holds them in hers. She closes her eyes then breathes.

As her eyes shoot open she gasps. My worried eyes look in her shocked opens. "What is it?" I asked.

"Your child is going to be the most powerful werewolf of her generation, she's gifted."