Chapter Eight

Trying To Put Things Back Together

Anastasia P.O.V

I woke up to the sun in my eyes. Ugh, I didn't close the curtains.
I look behind me to find Chase cuddled into my neck. Awww I'm the little spoon haha. I feel so happy this morning. I love it.
We got home at round 11:30pm last night. We stayed up all night laughing, eating, cuddling, and watching movies.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I hear a groan. Chase snuggles farther into my neck.
"Stupid sun." She muttered. I shiver and giggle. "Come on I'm hungry."
"Fine I'm coming." She said getting out of the bed heading for the stairs.
When we enter the kitchen a lot of my friends are helping their moms cook breakfast for everyone. Then I spot my mom. "You should go talk to her." Chase tells me. "I don't know, what if she hates me?" I asked.
"You'll never know till you find out." She said then pushes me closer to my mom. I turn and glare at her.
She just gives me a cheeky smile then skips out of the room.

I turn to find my mom looking at me.
"H-hey mom." I fake smile.
"Hi." She said and starts back cooking.
I frown. "Do you really hate me that much that you can't look at me?" I questioned.
She looks at me sadly. "Oh sweetie I could never hate you." She said softly then hugs me. Thank god.
"Then why are you being like this?" I question her again.
" I thought about how Chase is your mate....I'll never have grandkids." She whispered. "Oh mom we can adopted kids, it's not that big of a deal." I tell her.
"I know I don't know why I let that get to me." She said.
"Are you happy?" She asked.
"Definitely!" I smile.
She smiles back. "That's all that matters." She said.

*************************************
Breakfast: still Anastasia's P.O.V

When breakfast is finally done we get in our seats and dig in. My dad is unusually quiet as he eats his food at his seat at the front of the table. I see him look at Chase a few times. I don't like it.

"How are you this morning daddy?" I ask sweetly.
"I'm fine." He said.
"I need to talk to you about something after breakfast." I tell him.
"Fine, we can talk in my office." He said then goes back to eating. I put on a fake smile. "Ok." I replied.

After breakfast I help clean the table with Chase.
"Are you scared?" Chase asked me.
"Well, he's my dad....I just don't want him to hate me either." I replied.
"He won't hate you." She said.
"I hope your right."

When we get everything cleaned up I make my way to my dad's office.
I knock. "Come in." He said.
"Hey dad." I said as I walk in.
"Hi Ana." He replies.
"I wanted to talk about Chase."
He sighs. "I'm not sure how I feel about Chase or your relationship with her." He said.
"I didn't know how I felt about it either when I first met her, but it took something awful to make me see that I love her." I thought my speech was pretty good, but I look at my dad to see he's angry.
"YOU CAN NOT BE WITH HER IN THAT WAY!" He screamed.

Now I get angry

Now I get angry. "She's my mate and I love her, your going to have to except it! I yelled back.
My dad's about to reply when his beta John busts through the door.

"Alpha! Matt has escaped!"