Chapter 38: Defender of storms

May staggers back into a tumble before desperately placing her sword up to defend from an overhead swing from Tsunzaki's scythe. Deflecting it caused a blinding spark of thunder to befall her blade as the spark of her earlier parry crossed this otherworldly weapon. Closing her left eyes shut as to avoid getting blinded by the great spark she kept her purple left one on Tsunzaki before leaping off the small cloud platform that she currently found herself on.

Being some one hundred feet up in the air May fell towards another of the many patches of cloud platforms that were among the sky. Tsunzaki being the summoned of storms was able to shape and controls the clouds, using them as platforms was also another one of her miracles. And since May had a part of the very same angel's blood in her veins it meant that she too was able to land on top of the clouds.

This would have been a more pleasant discovery for May however if she had not been pitted in a battle to the death. As she lands on this fluffy platform she is met with shock as the cloud itself begins to glow violently with electricity. Fearing what this could mean May jumped off the flickering cloud and down towards the countless other patched below her.

The cloud exploded in a vivid display of purple electricity that extended out like a shockwave. Using her sword as a hook she stabs into the next patch of the cloud to break her fall. However no sooner had she landed Tsunzaki had already closed the gap.

With wings like a dove, she flew in from above ripping through a cluster of clouds in the process. Her next swing coming in too fast for her to react to in time May used her vector blades to block the blow. Though it prevented her from taking the full brunt of the attack the blow did screech past the unseen blade and pierced right though May's arm.

Wincing in pain May shrivels up as an electrical current ran through its tip. As Tsunzaki tossed May off her blade she went jetting towards the ground. Hitting the earth with a heavy crash she landed just barely on her feet before staggering around onto her back. Tsunzaki looking to end thing right here was already diving down from above to cut May though with her scythe but suddenly came to a halt only twelve feet or so away from her.

For she was able to see the vector blades that May placed in her line of flight thanks to her purple eyes.

"You try and impel me with a light source that resides within my spectrum?" Tsunzaki said a slight tilt in her head made her already downcast stare more threatening.

May gritted her teeth in frustration to this knowledge. Though it should have been expected since it's only thanks to her right eye that she can see her own vector blades it was not something that she was used to. As she gets back on her feet she uses her blade as support whilst she fights for breath. Her face and clothes were covered in mud. Her power to heal was already working on her arm but she feared that this fact will likely mean that Tsunzaki will soon continue her assault.

May clenched her wounded arm as it shook form the pain. Trying to fight though it, she forced herself to continue to use it by gripping onto the hilt of her blade tightly, accepting the pain as a mark that has yet to perish. The blood running down her arm stain its snow white lacing with her crimson life force.

"Using the powers of I to create such phallus tools, surly this is not a testament to show, that all humans who step over there bounds will only carve those means to spread blood shed upon the earth,"

In a blink of an eye, Tsunzaki had moved right out of view of May's vision. Stunned by this May unsummoned the line of vector blades that was a barrier between her and angel and placed a great number of them around all her blind spots as a make shift parry sphere.