Chapter 27: Ominous message

The weak pitter-patter of rain drops falling on ahead held a prolonged hush to Andrew and Natalie's silent gawking at another. Having blurted out her name almost as if she was in some sort of danger Andrew did not know how to truly respond to the reaction he received from doing so.

She did not seem startled or surprised by it, just looked on over to him, with a face as if reliving a sorrowful day dream.

Or perhaps, I'm the reason why she looks so sad. Andrew's mind mumbled regretfully.

"What's wrong? You could not get any sleep?" Natalie picked up as she turned herself around on the roof to face him.

This comment pulled Andrew out of his trail of thoughts and back to the present. Forcing a smile he chuckled lightly to himself, placing his hands on his thighs he then shakes his head in dismissal earning a slightly baffled look from Natalie.

"I'm sorry," Andrew said whilst simmering down. "It's just I find it kind of funny since this is normally the other way around."

Natalie's eye's narrow in concern for her partner as he continued unaware.

"I just found that sleep could not find me so I figured that I might as well practice and see if that gets me to bed." He shrugged indifferently. "But I see that you are awake now, how does it feel to sleep in a real bed for once?"

"It's how I remember it," Natalie said, clenching her knees closer to her face. "How about you? After all, this is your old house; surely it must feel like a home from home."

Andrew hearing this held a breath in this throat as he studied her body language, for some reason that he could not explain he felt as though he was being tested. Turning his back to Natalie he looks on over the greenery that sprawled itself ahead of him as he stropped his arms to his side before tucking them into his pockets.

All this in the attempt to cover up his body language.

"The room is too small, beds too soft," he said between a sniffle. "I'm not used to waking up and seeing a ceiling so close to my face nowadays. As much as I love home and family I'm just not used to this kind of life style anymore."

He glanced over his shoulder looking at Natalie through the corner of his eye so see if that quelled her. However, Natalie just looks upon him with no real sign of change in her persona. Her low mumbled "I see," did not help the matter either.

Sighing in defeat to her allusiveness Andrew turned back around to face Natalie head on with his head bowed in concern.

"Well, to be honest, I kind of had a stupid dream; I couldn't sleep and so came out here for the fresh air."

Natalie's eyes blinking in curiosity lean forward a slight bit towards Andrew.

"Was it a bad one?" she asked.

Andrew's eyes tightened shut in frustration at the sheer remembrance of said dream.

"The dream does not matter! What's most important now is it remains just that!"

Natalie held her tong when she saw Andrew snap. Opting to not to prod the matter any further she tried to fill in the blanks herself from her own recollection of him. That's when it dawned on her however.

"Is this the same dream you said you forgot about?" Natalie asked carefully, a soft rumble of thunder travelled through the air around them in thick and heavy waves.

Andrew's silence on the matter only made her stand up on the roof in an alerted discomfort.

"Is it the same one? The one you must have woke out from back in Abler?" she continued, her concern grew but still she got no answer.