Chapter 36: Perfect conditions

He quickened his steps towards another pillar to better shield himself from the incoming wave of gust that threatened to hit him like a shockwave. Long tables scatter and shatter against the walls and ceiling under the immense force of Torus's gale slash. The hanging light flicker and swing violently making the room feel more in disarray and claustrophobic than normal.

Andrew's body felt heavy under the immense stress he was put under by fighting Tours in such a cramped space. As objects flew all around him Andrew slid behind another pillar just in the nick of time before scrambling himself upright.

"So you're one of them stars of halo?" Andrew shouted over his shoulder as he placing his back to the stone foundation. "You know, now that I have seen you in person I'm not surprised that I ran into you in the canteen!" he taunted whilst taking this window of safety to catch his breath and calm his racing heart.

His chest pained him once again, a common occurrence since his run in with Epimetheus. And a sour reminder of how easily he was bested when last faced with a member of the seven stars of halo. Pushing these doubtful thoughts aside Andrew clenched his jaw before stepping out from his cover to locate Torus.

Instead, he finds a short sword cutting through the air almost taking out his head along with its trajectory. With an instinctive stop and weave the flying blade barely skimmed his shoulder before crashing into the concrete wall down the end of the room. No sooner did Andrew witness the still humming blade dart the wall he picked up on the sound of footsteps closing into his six.

Pivoting back around he stiffly guards against his a sword swipe to his midsection followed by two heavy blows from above. Being pushed back from the barrage of gale swings coming from Torus Andrew roles over a long table before leaping over fallen stools as the exchange for his life continued. Torus being the one in control, however, stepped over or smacked aside any obstacles that were in his path. His gift of gale making each strike imposing and grand in its exclusion.

With Andrew running out of space to run he backed away behind a wall, seeing Torus closing in his gut reaction left him with little another choice but to kick off the wall and go on a surprise counteroffensive like any cornered animal would.

Leaping back before his better judgement could cermet that this will be the death of him he came in with a hard and heavy crescent up slash. This meaty swing was rewarded with the sissifying slapping of two blades hitting another and sparks bursting of their razor edges. The impact sent Andrew's bones into a rattle as well as breaking Torus advance as he was forced to go on the defensive for the first time since their exchange.

As he locked swords with Torus it drew his attention to something that his sharpened senses were alluding to. His strength in the gale arts were strong but unrefined and rusty. A natural talent spoiled by complacency. There was a lack of discipline in his stance and the way he exerted himself. Other than his strange phantom blade he shot at him he was for all intensive porpoise a glorified rookie in the way of a pentagon knight.

Feeling both relieved and a little offended this gave him the conference to set aside the doubts that had been dulling his blade a moment before. The calming sway of the long lamps matches Andrews calming senses.

"I hate to admit this but you remind me too much of someone I know," Torus spoke up whilst the sparks of their pressed blades crackled onwards.

This simple comment sent Andrew calming heart in a momentary flux of pain. One that blacked out his vision for only a fraction to show him a sight of something ghastly and bitter. Andrew's eyes darkened as he fort back the sudden pain with a weak poker face.