Reapertale Sans x Dying!Reader

Your POV:

You coughed, blood spilling on to your crisp, white sheets. The doctor stood next to your sobbing little brother and mother, looking grim. You heard a little from their conversations.

"...not long left..."

"...to continue the treatment would be pointless..."

"...I can't lose her and her father too!..."

"...why is the doctor here so much, mommy?..."

"...it will cost you greatly..."

"...a few days at most, more likely a few hours or minutes..."

Sobs.

Tears.

Blood.

Pain.

...and....death...

After your father died in the army, it was just your mother, your brother and you. Well, it would soon just be your mother and your brother, at least.

You had caught a deadly virus, no one who ever had it had lived. You didn't have long, so your mom had surrounded you with the things you loved. The disease wasn't contagious, so you were with your family and friends nearly all the time. There was scarcely a time when the doctor wasn't there.

It sucked, you didn't want to die, and leave all who you loved and all you loved. No, it was horrible, dying young. It hurt everyone.

You went to bed that night, knowing very well that this was probably the last time you would close your eyes. You choked on your tears, crying softly for a little while.

You finally dozed off, waiting for the release from all this pain.

You woke in the middle of the night, to see a dark silhouette sitting on your windowsill.

"D-dad? Is that you? A-am I dead?" You stuttered, expecting to see your grandparents and ex-dogs.

"No." Sighed an unfamiliar voice.

"Uhm, sorry, who are you?" You asked, maybe it was like, Apollo or something. (I'm agnostic, so I won't really push this whole "heaven" and "God" thing, if you want you can pretend I did, I'm sorry, I just don't want to offend anyone. 😅)

"I am Death himself. I'm supposed to take you to the underworld." He said.

"Not yet. Please. I just need to finish this anime. I need to." You said seriously. "Death" was taken aback.

"Usually people plead to stay because of their family or friends. You're quite....interesting. Not to be weird or anything, but I've been watching you for a while. You're rather strange, aren't you?" He asked, mildly amused.

"Well, are you going to take me or let me sleep then watch anime one last time? Tell ya what, I'll finish the anime, and talk with you for a week. Then you can take me. I'd like to get to know you. You seem interesting too." You said, sitting up.

"...Alright." Death said, "but at midnight on the last day, you're gone. Right?"

"I swear on my life I'll come willingly." You replied.

You fell back asleep the moment he left, waking up to strangely little pain. Death must have done something to your illness. Sweet.

You flipped open your laptop and binged some Fruits Basket. Tohru was adorable and Kyo was awesome. (I'm only on episode 4, I'm gonna watch episode 5 later today, but I love it so far.) 

Your brother came in and sat on the edge of your bed at about noon.

"Sissy?" (That's what me and my sister used to call each other. Now it's just "sis" but I thought "sissy" was funny.) He asked, looking sad and confused.