Chapter 21

Niall's POV
It's been 3 days since I heard what Liam said to the guards. I've been trying to just move on and not let it bother me, Liam would do that for a good reason. He's only trying to protect Louis.

I knock on his door and he calls out for me to come in. I make my way over to his desk, playing with my hands nervously and I just hear him typing away on his keyboard.

"What is it, Niall." He says, not even bothering to glance up at me.

"I heard you talking to the guards the other day." I say and he just shrugs.

"Okay?" He says, bored.

"I heard what you said about Harry." I say and his fingers freeze. He looks up quickly from his screen, not panicking but definitely worried.

"Niall, you have to understand. It's for Louis's best interest." He says, walking towards me.

"And what's that? Keeping him away from the one man who's ever loved him?" I ask, my tone sharper than I intended.

"You know Zayn and I love him. We've practically raised him for the past 6 years. Don't come in here acting like you're better than us when you've only been here for a few months." Liam says angrily. "And Louis doesn't need to worry about when Harry is going to come see him or when Harry is going to call. He needs to worry about his case." Liam says.

"All he's going to do is worry about Harry now. So let me guess, you're keeping the phone calls from Louis too?" I ask and Liam is just quiet. "Jesus Liam! You're not even going to let him talk to Harry?" I basically shout.

"Niall I told you why I'm doing what I'm doing! Once Louis is done at the court house I'll let them see each other but for right now-" Liam starts but is cut off with a knock on his door.

Louis slowly comes in and smiles tiredly at us.

"Hi Lou." I say, flushing since we were just talking about him.

"Hi guys. Um, I don't want to wear the outfit I had picked to my court date." He says softly. I open my mouth so say something but Liam cuts in before I can.

"Why not?" He asks, Louis shrugs and I sign sadly, knowing it's partially because Harry won't get to see him in it. "Then what are you going to wear?" Liam asks.

"Can you just get me something nice?" Louis asks. "I want to wear boy clothes." He says and Liam just nods silently and Louis leaves, going to sit in the lounge.

Liam looks at me and I sigh sadly.

"Please tell me you know what you're doing." I say, leaving and shutting the door behind myself.

I walk through the halls silently, checking on patients, asking how their day is.

I see an older woman with black hair make her way to Louis. He glances at her but ignores her as he doesn't really mind her presence.

The day flies by quickly and I watch Louis sadly trudge to his room to go to bed.

"Lou," I say calling after him. He turns around and I smile, walking over. "Try to get some sleep. Your court date is in a week." I tell him. He nods slowly and I slowly walk away walking out to my car.

I get in and drive home, my radio softly playing Ed Sheeran since I have one of his CDs in now. The heat from my car burns my skin and makes me cheeks flushed after awhile of it being on.

I pull up to my house and get up quickly, running inside to avoid getting cold from the nighttime air. I unlock the door quickly and then step inside, a warm rush of air meeting my face.

I shut my door behind me quickly, wanting to keep the heat in. I walk to my kitchen and make a bagel with cream cheese.

I hear a quick knocking on my door and I sigh, checking the time and seeing it's 9:23. I just make my way over and open it and see a familiar face. He smiles at me and I hug him, my head only going to his nose. He just laughs and hugs me back.

We pull back from the hug and notice Harry is shivering slightly. "Oh sorry! Come in mate!" I say, stepping aside to he can walk in. I shut the door behind him and he steps out of his shoes, smiling at me.

"Jesus it's good to see you." Harry says and I just nod quickly.

"I know! It's weird to see you in real clothes." I say, referring to his black shirt, skinny jeans, and red flannel. He just laughs and nods. "So what's up mate?" I ask, bringing him over to the couch so we can sit down.

"I just wanted to ask about Louis. I want to make sure he's okay." He says. I nod, understanding what he's saying. "I'm so upset. He didn't even say goodbye." He says, eyes showing so much sadness.

"He took it a lot better than we thought. He's been clearly depressed but hasn't tried to hurt himself or others. He's also been eating decently." I explain. Harry's eyes light up at the news, a small smile on his face.

"So, so he's been okay?" He asks, happily. I nod and he smiles, hugging me quickly.

"Yeah! He hasn't been sleeping too well, just napping a lot in the day." I say. He looks a little bit saddened by that but I sigh. "He's okay Harry." I say.

"I just want him to be happy, Niall. I want him to get out of that place and I want him with someone who loves him." He says, eyes cast downward.

"I know Harry. We all do." I say and he just nods.

"J-just tell him I thinking about him. Liam won't let me talk to him and it's killing me Niall. It is and I want to see him so bad." I explain.

"I know. Liam says he wants Louis to focus on his case. Not when you're going to see him next." I explain. Harry gets ready to say something but then closes his mouth.

"I-I guess that makes sense." He says.

"His case is in a week. Just wait another week." I explain.

"I guess I'll eat heading home. You just got off work and I bet you're tired." He says.

"Yeah but I'll tell you what Louis says. He misses you a lot Harry." I say and Harry just nods.

"Oh wait, I need to get something from my car." Harry says, getting up and running outside before coming back in just as quickly.  He hands me a green teddy bear, nothing fancy just a regular bear. "For Louis." He explains. I nod and take it, smiling.

"I'll make sure to get it to him." I say and with that Harry leaves, shutting the door behind himself.

<><><><><><><><><><><>
I'm babysitting my niece and she's so upset because she's tired but won't sleep. Help.