Chapter 4

Harry's POV

"I swear, if I'm in trouble I'm going to go berserk. It wasn't even my fault. Louis wanted to show me something and it's the first time he talked since he-" before I can finish Zayn stops, unlocking the employee lounge. He peaks in and then grabs my arm, dragging me in.

"You didn't hurt those people did you?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Of course I didn't! I've been telling people that for like 4 months!" I practically shout.

He shushes me before continuing.

"You're too sane. Everyone here has a tick, something to set them off. Louis's, he hates being touched. But you, you are fine." He says and I sigh.

"That's what I've been saying." I say, annoyance in my tone.

"Yeah, yeah. If we can talk to Liam, he can convince the judge to reopen your case. To consider letting you out." He says and I smile, unable to control it.

"And then I can come get Louis out." I say and Zayn pauses, shaking his head.

"He's a lost cause Harry. He's not getting better." He says coldly. "No matter what he's still going to snap back to his old ways." He explains and I feel my heart break.

"That's not true. He's just a little more broken then the rest of us." I say, watching Zayn closely.

"Harry he's broken beyond fixing. He's been used and hurt." He says and I clench my jaw. He watches before I storm out of the room, going back to find Louis.

I stop in the cafeteria on the way and beg the lunch lady to give me just desserts.

"It's for Louis. He hasn't eaten today. Please." I beg and she sighs, putting two pieces of pie and chocolate cake on the tray. "Thank you so much. I'm going to fix him." I say and she smiles.

"Some people just need a little more glue than others." She says softly and I nod quickly. She hands me the tray and I grab two cups of milk and a cup of water, knowing he hasn't really had any today.

I walk to the door and the guard stops me.

"No food out of the cafeteria." He says.

"It's for Louis. Please." I beg and he stares, not showing any certain emotion.

"Let me hold it while you bring him in here." He says, voice dropping to a whisper. I thank him quickly before handing him the tray and running to get the boy.

I walk in the room and he's where he always is. Curled up on the corner of the couch, staring out the window.

"Lou." I call and he looks up, smiling. "Come here. I have a surprise." I say and he sighs, rolling his eyes before getting up.

"I'm only doing this because I like you." He says, walking next to me.

"Oh shut it. You're doing this because of my dashing good looks and sparkling personality." I say and he laughs, shoving my arm. Every time he touches me, my stomach will do a little flip.

"If your head gets any bigger it won't fit through the door." He says and I just shrug, opening the cafeteria door for him. The guard still has it, smiling when he sees us.

I grab it and thank him again, walking over to my table before placing it down, helping Louis sit before I do.

"What's this?" He asks, his eyes scanning the food.

"A treat, on me." I say and he smiles, grabbing a fork and diving into the chocolate cake hungrily. I open a milk and place it by him before he quickly grabs it, gulping at least half of it down. He starts back on the cake, eating that and then going to the pie. "Whoa, slow down. You're going to get sick." I say and he just shrugs, continuing to eat.