Chapter 1

Louis's POV
When I wake up I'm in the hospital ward. The sheets are stiff against my skin and make a loud rustling sound whenever I move. Doctor Payne is by my side like he said. He's writing on a clip board, the scratching of his pen and his humming the only sound in the room.

I let out a little groan, trying to let him know I'm awake without having to talk, knowing my voice is weak right now. It always is when I first wake up. He looks over and smiles, stopping his humming.

"Good morning." He says, winking at me. I just stare at him, not feeling like speaking still. "Come on Louis. You can't stop talking again." He says, a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

"Shut up." I growl, rolling my eyes, stretching my body. My bones crack and I yawn, my toes curling and uncurling.

"There we go." He says smiling sarcastically. I roll my eyes sighing loudly.

"Are we going to talk about last night." I ask, knowing it was coming. He stares down at his lap, the clipboard to be exact before looking back up at me.

"Nope." He says, tapping his fingers on the clipboard. The sound is soft but annoying; the monotonous tapping making my skin itch. I sit up quickly, confused. He always makes me talk about it. "You said you tried and that's all that matters." He says, smiling and stopping the annoying tapping. An unconvincing smile that makes me know he's up to something.

"B-but you seem mad. H-he touched me and I tried to ignore him like you said. He wouldn't listen and his touch. It burned bad. It hurt my skin. I-I'm sorry. He wouldn't leave me alone." I rush out, remember how his skin felt like fire compared to mine. He smirks, raising an eyebrow and I face palm.

"All on your own." He says laughing.

"Shut up." I say sharply.

"Is that how it felt when I touched you? Was it hot like that?" He asks, getting his pen ready.

"N-no. Yours was cold, like ice. That's how everybody's is. His was hot like it was going to leave a burn mark on my skin." I say, playing with the sheets covering my body. They're a pure white that seems like it's almost glowing.

"Has anybody's touch ever felt like that?" He asks, looking at me.

"N-no." I say looking down, examining the contrast between the color on my skin and the color of the sheets.

"Welp, guess we'll figure it out later. You're going to miss lunch." He says, standing up. I get up as well and I follow him down the hallway.

We enter the cafeteria and I sit down at a table in the back. Doctor Payne gets food for both of us, even though he can leave for his lunch he likes to stay. He hands me my spoon, winking at me. I'm not allowed to use forks or knifes since the incident with the nurse.

He walks back to the table, smiling and he hands me my tray of food. I see a familiar head of hair moving from table to table and I bite my lip. That's him.

"Why aren't you eating?" Doctor Payne asks, picking at his fruit.

"T-that's the one who touched me." I say, pointing at him. Liam nods, looking back at me.

"He's the new patient." He says softly, popping a cube of pineapple in his mouth. "The one I told you about." He says, pushing my tray closer to me. "Eat." He says sternly.

"What's his name?" I ask, taking a bite of the sandwich.

"Harry." He says eating more pineapple. He obviously doesn't like it but he does it so I'll eat. I watch how he goes from table to table, asking something and then moving on. He goes to one table and before he can say anything a lady lets out a shrill scream. He quickly steps away, sighing. He spots us and gets a smirk on his face.