Chapter 20

Zayn's POV
Louis sits by the window, looking at the rain hitting the dirty glass. I stare at him from the doorway and watch how his body softly moves with each breath.

It's been two weeks since Harry left and he hasn't even bothered to contact Louis, that's the worst part of it all. He just left and left Louis to wonder what he did. Why he wasn't good enough. We've tried to explain that none of this is his fault and that Harry doesn't have anything against him.

He just is ready for a new chapter in his life.

His court date is coming up soon and I fear he's not stable enough to go. Harry was going to be there originally to support Louis but since he hasn't even bothered to call I assume he's not going to show up.

I get up and walk to Liam's office, not bothering to knock since I know he doesn't have any patients at this time.

"Hi babe." He says as I make my way over to him, kissing his cheek. "How's Louis?" He asks, looking up from his computer.

"The same as he's been the past two weeks. Just looking out the window." I say. Liam just sighs and I run my fingers through his hair. "He reacted a lot better than I thought." I say.

"He's come a long way." Liam explains. I nod and then Liam grabs my shirt, pulling me to kiss him. I smile and move so I kiss his nose instead. He just smiles and goes back to typing on his computer.

"What are you writing?" I ask, trying to look at his screen. He just shoos me with his hand and I gasp, fake hurt. "Liam! I am your boyfriend!" I say, placing my hand over my chest.

"Yes, and you're too nosey. Go sit down or actually do your job!" He says and I sigh, lounging on the couch with my feet up.

"Liam, I do my job when I want to." I say, staring at the ceiling.

"Yeah, so never?" He says, teasing me. I fake laugh and then roll my eyes. "Babe, you're one of the sassiest people I know." He says, getting up and making his way to me.

Niall's POV
At lunch I see Louis sitting on the couch, eyes closed and his knees curled up by his chest. I walk over and his eyes slowly open, a small smile forming on his face.

"Gotta eat." I say, sitting down and handing him a fruit cup and a milk. He thanks me and just places them down next to himself, closing his eyes again. "Lou, don't sleep. Eat." I say, poking his side. He jumps from my hand, kinda pushing it away. "Sorry." I say softly.

He doesn't like to be touched since Harry left.

"I'm just tired, Niall." He says, his eyes half open. I don't feel like pushing him anymore and I just pick up the food.

"Go take a nap in your room. I'll wake you when it's dinner." I say but he shakes his head.

"I don't sleep well in there." He says and I know it's because Harry is gone but he won't say it. I just nod and get up, bring the food back into the kitchen and then bring a blanket to Louis who is already asleep when I get back.

Patients are supposed to sleep in the lounge but I don't know what else to do. He needs to be rested for his court appearance.

I sit by him while he sleeps, softly rubbing his back when he stirs or whines in his sleep. Zayn walks down the hall and he sees us, waving and I put my finger up to my lips so he knows to be quiet.

He walks up and sees Louis sound asleep and he sighs, picking him up and bringing him back to Liam's office. He has a pull out couch for when the weather is bad and he has to stay over night. He stayed over night and slept with Louis the night Harry left.

Liam helps me pull it out since Zayn has the small boy in his arms and he places him on the mattress. He opens his eyes slightly but I just shush him, letting me know it's okay to sleep.

He just nods and closes his eyes again, rolling onto his side. Zayn and I leave but Liam stays in the room with him in case he wakes up he won't be alone.

Zayn and I go off the grounds to get lunch, getting sick of the food this place serves. We head to chipotle and Zayn texts Liam asking him if he wants anything.

Liam replies quickly and we order, Zayn ordering for Liam and I get something for Louis. Maybe he'll eat if I bring outside food.

We get the food and then head back to the building to eat with Liam.

When we walk in his room Louis is awake and staring out the window outside, legs curled up my his chest. Liam just shrugs and gets up from his desk to make his way to us. We all sit on his couch together and I call Louis over.

He looks over his shoulder and sees something wrapped in silver tinfoil. His head perks up and he gets up, slowly making his way over.

"I got you a quesadilla, love." I say, handing him the tinfoil. He opens it and sees the stringy white cheese and black beans and rice. "I just got cheese because I didn't know what kinda of meat you like." I say. "And here's some guacamole and sour cream to dip it in." I explain.

He nods slowly and pulls two of them apart.

"Smells good." He says softly. He dips it in the guacamole before taking a bite and his eyes practically light up.

He quickly eats the rest of it and then chugs half of Liam's Vitaminwater. Liam urges Louis so slow down and he does, laying back and putting his hands on his stomach.

"Food baby." He says, poking his stomach and laughing a little. We all just laugh, mostly glad that Louis is eating.

He falls asleep again, but I have to bring him to his room since Liam has an appointment soon.

I rest him on his bed and when I get up to leave he grabs my arm begging me to stay. I know I can get in trouble but I sigh, climbing in bed with him and pulling the covers up over us.

"Why hasn't he called?" He says after a few moments of silence.

"I don't know, Lou." I say, running my fingers through his hair. He just sighs and scoots closer to me, staring at my face.

"I didn't do anything wrong, right? I tried to be a good boyfriend." He says and my heart breaks.

"None of this is your fault. He isn't upset with you." I say, praying that's the truth. He just nods and slowly closes his eyes while I continue playing with his hair.

One his breathing evens out I know he's asleep and I slowly get up, focusing on not waking him. I leave the room and shut the door behind me and I see Liam talking to the people who guard the front door, controlling the visitors.

Before I can make my presence known I hear what he's saying and I freeze.

"You are to make sure Harry Styles doesn't come through those doors. He is to have no contact with Louis Tomlinson."