- Requiem On Water -

"It was negative." I whisper to Vic. He sets down the plates on the table and he smiles at me with a small depressed sigh.

"I kinda wanted to be an uncle." He whispers to me, leaving a quiet chuckle. I smile as I set down the forks. The smell of enchiladas fills the house and tunes of Corridos my dad always listened to fills the kitchen.

"Coming through! Coming through!" Tony yells as he runs with a plate full of food to the table. I set down the bowl of salad and sliced tomatoes in the middle of the table.

"So how was everyone's day?" Mike asks as he sits down. Vic grabs the cups from the cabinets and I serve everyone the lemonade I made earlier. "Eh." I giggle.

"Mine was fantastic. I took a long ass nap." Tony raises his voice as he turns down the music. "Mine was interesting." Vic raised his eyebrows as he takes a sip of his drink.

"Dude what the hell do you put in here that makes it taste so good??" He asks me.

"It's a secret." I laugh.

"Well, I'll tell you what," Mike says as he takes a sip from his drink. "What ever the hell it is, don't change it." He chugs it down.

"We should go to the beach tonight." Tony smiles. "I'm kinda tired.." I trail off.

"Oh." He says quietly to himself.

"Anyone up for a movie then?" He adds. 

I nod and smile.

"Which one?" I ask. They all begin to look into space and I continue to eat.

"So.. uh," Tony says in between eating his food. "I saw the test in the trash can.. and um.." he trails off.

"Never mind. Forget it."