Chapter 42 - Guilty

"Where is the design?" Joanna asked to Lauren.

She was standing in the middle of design department's office with her arms crossed.  Lauren looked down and bit her lip.

"I..lost it." she said.

Joanna stared at Lauren and fakes a shocking expression on her face. "You..what?!" 

Vanessa, Ally and Ashley were standing loyally by their boss. Heather and Naya already left the office for school.

"I've finished it..but..the file was gone." Lauren said.

Joanna scoffed. "Just admit that you weren't able to finish it."

"That you're incapable of facing such critical situation." she added.

Lauren stared at Joanna, surprised by her words.

"Did you know how much lost that you've cost us?" Joanna asked, shaking her head.

"Your abuelo hope so much from you, he thinks you're talented and all that..when the truth is.." She paused and stared at Lauren. "..you're irresponsible and immature." she continued. "Also a lesbian."

Lauren gritted her teeth. She can't take it anymore. "Tiya..why do you hate me so much?!" she suddenly shouted.

Joanna stared at her, shocked by her sudden outburst. "Is it because I'm gay? What's wrong about being in love with a girl? Like seriously!" Lauren continued.

"Or is it because you want this company for yourself?"

"How dare you?!" Joanna said, angry.

"Or you're just trying to prove that you're better than my mom?"

"Wh-what.." Joanna was left speechless.

Lauren scoffed. "You're the one who's immature here."

**
"I'm sorry, I can't help you this time." Clara said.

Heather stared at her mother, speechless. "But..but mami..it was obviously Tiya Jo's doing!" Heather said at the verge of crying. "She'll do anything she could to kick Lauren out of the company!" she added.

Clara looked at her youngest daughter and sighed. "I can't just accuse her without any proof."

"Mami! Why are you like this? It's like you don't want to help your own daughter anymore."