Chapter 26 - Stage

"I love you, Zooey."

Zooey was too shocked to say anything. The situation was just too surreal. She stared at Marley, speechless. Silence falls between them as Marley looked down and continues to cry.

"Why..now?" suddenly Zooey asked.

Marley looked up, surprised. "What..do you mean?"

Zooey shook her head. "You..dumped me so heartlessly..

She paused.

...and now you're saying what?!"

Marley swallows hard watching Zooey's reaction.

"Zo.."

Zooey scoffed. "It's too late."

She took a deep breath, trying to be strong.

"I..was crying and begging you to stay, but did you remember how you treated me back then?"

"You coldly ignored me..as if I mean nothing to you.."

Marley kept silent and bit her lip in regret.

"and to top it all..you even stabbed my back and stole my contracts.."

Marley shook her head vigorously. "I didn't even know about that!"

Zooey sighed loudly.

"You think..by saying that you love me, I will accept you back as if nothing ever happens between us?"

"Zooey..I'm sorry."

"Enough."

"Please forgive me.."

Zooey bit her lip and looked at the sky. "You're too late."

**
Camila is sitting in the waiting room, nervously waiting for her turn to perform. Dinah and Normani were busy chatting at the corner, immersed in their own world. Camila sighed. She wished someone can be with her right at that moment, holding her hands and tell her that everything's going to be alright. She's nervous. It's her first performance in such a lavish event. She looked at her hands on her lap, they're trembling. 

Suddenly, a warm hand held her trembling ones. Camila looked up and smiled widely at the person.

"Lolo.."

Lauren sits next to her girlfriend and intertwined their hands together. Camila lovingly planted a soft kiss on Lauren's cheek. Lauren blushed and looked at her girlfriend.