Chapter 28 - Denial

Lauren and Camila were on their way back to New York. It's already 9pm. They got their much needed privacy this time since Vanessa suddenly decided to ride back home on Ashley's new car while Zooey rides with her 'boyfriend' Grant Gustin.

Lauren is behind the wheel this time, there's a faint tension in the atmosphere but they still held each other's hands tightly through the ride.

"What did you two talked about?" asked Camila, her voice breaks the silence.

"Who?" asked Lauren, pretending to be completely oblivious.

"You and Nicole."

Lauren kept silent.

"I thought there's no secret between us." Camila said, bitter.

Lauren didn't even react and it's starting to get on Camila's nerves.

"You should apologize to her." Camila said.

Lauren can't believe what she just heard. "What?!" she said, shocked.

"You were..out of line." Camila added.

Lauren bit her lip and tightens her grip on the steering wheel as she drives faster. Camila was surprised when Lauren suddenly let go of her hand. Suddenly, she pulled the car to the left side of the road. 

Camila didn't expect this. Lauren stopped the car and stormed out of the car before slamming the door shut.

She was furious.  Camila gulped. She's not sure what to do. Slowly she stepped out of the car. Lauren was standing near the car with her back facing Camila. Camila stared at the cold back and walked towards her before she suddenly stops.

"Why?" Lauren asked.

"Why are you siding Nicole in this?!" Lauren turned around, her eyes were filled with tears.

"Why is it so hard for you to understand my actions?! My so-called best friend is trying to steal my girlfriend and there's nothing I could do! Don't you know that almost my whole family are going against me..and now you too?!" Lauren shouted without caring about anything. 

She's stressed out and Camila's attitude is not helping. Camila was very surprised to see her girlfriend breakdown. Her heart hurts to see Lauren crying so badly.

"Camila, all I hope from you is your support and understanding!" Lauren buried her face in her palms and starting to sob. "How could you.." she mumbled.

Camila rushed to her and hugged her tightly. "No..Lolo..baby." Camila said as she strokes the girl's back.

Lauren let Camila held her as she cries harder in her embrace. Camila kisses Lauren on her head and forehead before cupping her face.