Chapter ♞ 20 : I Finally Found Him

Mikan reached the arcade, since she just practically roamed around the town near their school to search for a certain troublemaker, it was indeed tiring to search throughout the place, but since she was scared of seeing Nijimura's angry face—she has no choice but to oblige to his request.

"Bring it on, you piece of sh*t."

"You f*cking bast*rd."

"Damn f*ck boy."

Inside the arcade were lots of delinquents trashing the place, there lots of swearing floating in the air, voiced by different people.

Mikan was about to turn her heel, thinking that there was no way that Haizaki would be here, but she stopped when she spotted a light grey haired guy playing in the arcade.

What is he doing here?! she yells in her head, bullets of sweat drop trickling down her face.

Her head was in chaos, should she go in the arcade or walk away? If she goes inside—she'll encounter scary delinquents, but if she walks away—she'll receive Nijimura's wrath. Clearly, she has no choice but to go inside and convince Haizaki to attend basketball practice instead of playing games in the arcade.

"Here goes nothing!" she slapped her cheeks and walked in the arcade.

Indeed the place was pre-occupied with lots of dudes, there were no women or children around, just guys. Now she was getting slightly shaken and afraid.

She decided to walk around the corners to avoid attracting unnecessary attention from the people, slowly, she walked towards the spot where she saw Haizaki.

Mikan saw him playing a fighting game in a machine, a smile of relief formed her lips as she finally found him. She was about to walk towards him when random guys walked towards her, beating her to the bush.

"A middle school girl, eh?"

"She's kinda cute."

"I bet she is a virgin!"

The orange haired girl froze on her tracks when random guys suddenly walked towards her and started hitting on the poor girl. Her knees started to tremble and her lips were quivering.

She opened her mouth to stage a protest, but no word came out. She was tongue-tied, she can't speak at all. It's like as if she has forgotten how to speak because of how afraid she was.

"Let's have some fun, shall we?"

A hand extended to her, it was about to grab her but someone stopped the delinquent before he does anything to the school girl.

"Sure."

Mikan looked up to see a cocky smirk on a familiar face that she knows—it was Haizaki! He was standing up for her! Or that's what she thought.

"I'm not talking to you, I was talking to this girl."

"Oh, come on. Don't give me that cold shoulder, let's have fun. I'm really bored right now."

"I don't know who the hell you are or f*cking care about you. Let go of my arm or else I'll punch you."

Mikan flinched from the word punch that the random guy just said, she was worried that this might turn into a rowdy fight.

"Punch me? Try it if you can." Haizaki smirked, provoking the man even more.

"Haizaki-kun, you shouldn't provoke him any—GAH!" Mikan screams when the delinquent suddenly punch Haizaki on the face.