Chapter ♞ 8 : Temporary Manager

The cherry blossom petals scatter in the sky as the school's bell rung, it was lunch break. Mikan grabbed her lunch box as she walked out of the classroom and to see a familiar girl outside, waiting for her.

"Satsuki-san?" she said.

The pink haired girl looked up at the moment her name was called, she smiled and waved at her.

"Hello Sakura-san, want to eat lunch together?" Satsuki asked.

Mikan has always been eating lunch by herself at the park, it was her first to be actually eating with someone. Giving her more reasons not to refuse her offer.

"Sure!" she smiled.

♛♛♛

    They sat on a bench at the park as they opened their lunch box and started to eat it while chatting.

    "Whoa, your lunch box is so cute, Sakura-san! Did you made it?"

   "Yes, I made it last night and had my Mom heat it for me at morning."

   "You can make your own lunch box?!"

    "Of course. Want to have a bite?" Mikan asked as she used her chopsticks and picked up a chicken.

    Satsuki took the chicken from her chopsticks with her teeth as she began chewing it and then swallowed aftermath.

    "How does it taste?"

   "It's delicious! Now that reminds me, I made Dai-chan a lunch before and he didn't even ate at least one piece! I made it with my whole heart in it!" Satsuki sulked.

   "Why didn't he ate it?"

   "I don't know...I'm no longer confident about my cooking, he probably thinks it's disgusting."

   Mikan picked up a sushi from Satsuki's lunch box and plopped it in her mouth as she began to chew it.

   "How does it taste?! I made that lunch earlier!" Satsuki beamed.

   She swallowed the small portion of food and smiled at Satsuki.

   "It's delicious." she smiled.

   "Really? Thank you! Your words are very encouraging!" Satsuki said.

   Mikan just smiled as she turned her head to the side and covered her mouth, stopping herself from puking the food that she just ate.

   Resist it, me! For Satsuki-san's sake...resist it!

    "Ouch."

    Mikan turned around to see a bruise on Satsuki's hand, it was small but it was also bright violet.

    "What's wrong?" she asked.

    "I bumped into a bike yesterday..." Satsuki answered.

   "Are you okay? It must've been hurt. If you can't hold the chopsticks, then I'll feed you."

   "Thank you, but I can manage to feed myself."

   "I see..."