Chapter ♞ 7 : I'm Not Short

Aomine stared at the towel in his hands, he was surprised to see it here, in Mikan's room. He heard some faint footsteps coming upstairs as he put down the towel back on the table and rushed out of the room, he closed the door.

   "What are you doing, Aomine-kun?" he turned around to see Mikan.

   "Nothing." he said as he sweat dropped, nervous. If he was a second late, Mikan would have caught him in her room.

    "Did you found the bathroom?" she asked him.

   "Yeah..." he lied.

♛♛♛

"Thank you for inviting us for dinner, Sakura-san." Satsuki thanked her as she sat on the door stair where their shoes are found.

"It's nothing." Mikan told her.

Satsuki saw Mikan's shoes and to see how small they were, so she decided to wear it but her foot doesn't fit the shoes.

"How adorable, your shoes are so small and cute~!" Satsuki said.

Then the two girls turned to Aomine who was putting on his shoes, they noticed how long his foot were.

"What?" he annoyingly asked.

"Nothing~" Satsuki giggled.

They walked out of the door as they bid each other farewells, then Satsuki and Aomine walked together to the train station.

Both of them were silent as they ride the train, they sat beside each other, without speaking. Until Satsuki broke the ice between them.

"Hey Dai-chan, I think I've met Sakura-san before..." she said.

"How?" he asked.

Satsuki plucked a strand of her hair and put it behind her ear, her face was showing enough distress and confusion.

"I don't know how...but I first met her here in the train station."

♛♛♛

Mikan just finished taking a bath, she wore her pajamas as she sat on her swivel chair. There, she saw the towel on the table.

Then she dug her face on the towel as she inhaled the scent of the soft fabric, it smelled like a cologne. A men's perfume.

"Will I ever find you, my prince?"

♛♛♛

The next day, the practical exam has begun. Each girl begun dribbling the ball, Mikan actually did great. Though some other girls failed to keep up.

Next up is passing, the girls were paired up by two as they began passing. It was going smoothly for her.

Lastly, it was finally shooting. The one thing that she was actually bad at.

Will I be able to do this...?

She looked up at the ring above her, it was too high, out of her reach. But if she wasn't able to shoot at least one ball in, the practice that she had with Aomine was meaningless.