Chapter ♞ 10 : New Neighbors

Mikan arrived home safely as she saw her mother outside the house, a sweat trickled down her forehead as she felt goosebumps creeping her skin.

    "I-I'm back..." she stuttered.

    Her Mom turned to her, she had a relieved expression on her face after seeing Mikan finally home. She rushed towards her precious little baby and hugged her tightly.

   "Where were you, Mikan? You made Mommy worried sick."

    Mikan thought her mother would yell at her face, lecturing her in front of the neighborhood with a loud voice. But she didn't, instead, she held her daughter in her arms.

    "Mom, we got locked at the storage room yesterday while we were wrapping up. I was locked in with one of the members of the basketball club."

    "Why would someone locked you two when you are still inside the storage room?"

    "I don't know. Maybe that person thought no one was inside."

    "I'm just glad your okay. Come inside now, sweetie. I'll make you a omelette."

    Mikan nodded as she and her mother went in the house, she was secretly glad that she had such a good mother.

♛♛♛

The orange haired female took a bath and changed into her clothes at her room, she heard a noise outside from her window as she set aside the curtains and saw a truck.

Apparently, there was someone who was moving in the house next to theirs. A truckload filled of furnitures and personal belongings was inside.

    "We'll have a new neighbor, huh?" she mumbled.

    "Mikan! The omelette is ready!" her loving mother yelled from downstairs.

    "Coming, Mom!" she yelled back as she rushed downstairs.

    Mikan ate the omelette cooked for her as she drunk a glass of cow milk that was poured for her, she was having a normal breakfast like everyday. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

   "Sweetie, after you eat your breakfast, can you help Mommy cook some cream stew?" she asked.

    "Yes, of course! Then we'll eat it together." Mikan answered as she was finished eating.

    "No, that's not it, Sweetie. I'll be giving it to our new neighbors." her mother corrected her.

    "Oh, you mean the one who was moving next door?" she asked as her mother nodded.

    Mikan stood up as she placed the utensils that she has used in the sink, she grabbed an apron and tied it around her waist as she began to help her mother cook cream stew.

    In a pot over high heat, her mother added oil as Mikan chopped mince the onions and garlic as they added it in the pot. They cooked it for 3 minutes. Her mom added chicken and wine as they cooked it throughly for 5 minutes. Lowered the heat to medium/high, as they add flour and stir it for 2 minutes.

    Mikan sliced the potatoes, bell pepper, carrots, string beans and mushrooms as it is cooked for 2 minutes. Also adding chicken broth and bring to boil. Lowering the heat to simmer, cover and cooked for 25 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.